Eight

Time was flying by and it was scaring the living hell out of me.

I turned the page on my calendar from May to June, being reminded of everything that had to be done in that month.

With a deep sigh i looked out my bedroom window, and just took the summer atmosphere in. All the trees and flowers were in full bloom, children were running up and down the street and people were biking everywhere, even hearing the ice cream truck come up and down the street every so often.

I was really going to miss this place. I had been born and raised in Erie, my whole life was here, everything I ever knew was here.

With that I stood up from desk and closed the sheer white curtains in my room. Tucking in the chair and heading for my door, I braced myself. I was really about to do this.

I waked down the hardwood floors and down the hallway to the kitchen, sun beaming through every window.

There sat my father at the counter, flipping through a newspaper. He was still in his suit from work and had his glasses on, squinting in a attempt to read what was infront of him.

I looked to the sink where my mom was cleaning out a bowl, she was dressed in her typical baking apron. Realizing what she was wearing, I looked back to the counter to see she was making muffins. Blueberry muffins. Score.

I walked towards them, casuing them to turn their attention towards me.

"Hey kiddo" my dad happily chimed.

"Hey dad" I leaned in for a quick kiss on the forehead, before smiling at my mom.

Judging by the time on the stove, my parents must have got home about 10 minutes ago, they drive too and from work together but I was listening to music in my room, unable to hear their arrival.

I looked at them individually once agin before deciding to just get it done with.

"I excepted my offer to the University of Edmonton". I said, letting out a huge breath.

My parents eyes widened for a quick second before glancing at each other, a smile forming on the both of their faces.

"Really? Oh Holly that's great!" My mom came towards me with her arms wide open, embracing me in a huge hug.

"Congrats Holl. We're so proud". My dad lightly punched my arm.

I cought myself smiling uncontrollably. I was proud of myself, and so were my parents. This was the first real step into my future, and I was so excited I had decided on U of E, for many reasons.

My parents continued to talk about my exception and my mother asked every possible question under the sun. My father knew the answer to the majority of them, answering for me.

Before hugging my mother once again and hearing them still rave on about how "their little girl is so grown up", I headed back up the stairs to my room, knowing who I had to tell the news too next.