Three

I sat outside on my front steps. The warm spring breeze lingered in the air as an orange hue began to linger in the sky, indicating the night was soon upon us.

Liv finally pulled into my driveway, after what felt like forever. I walked up to the car to see Dylan ridding shot gun, meaning I was in the back with Connor. I hadn't seen much of Dylan or Connor in the past two weeks. The Otters had a lot of away games scheduled and the days they were home in Erie they spent at practice, but that didn't stop Connor and I from finding a way to still communicate.

We had always been friends, but since we hooked up, we beacame even closer, I guess you could say.

We texted all day, the occasional call, and I was suprised at how flirty he was, considering how shy he is. He would end almost every text with "cutie", "gorgeous" or the occasional "babe". Never failing to put a winking face either.

I opened the door and quickly sat down, putting my seatbelt on. Liv turned around and gave me a slight smile, follwed by a "Holls Balls" from Dylan, a named he had given me a few years back. I flashed a smile back at them, before rolling my eyes at Dylan and giving him a light tap on the back of the head.

As I buckled my seatbelt, I felt Connors eyes on me, making me a little uncomfortable. I glanced over at him, he was in a light grey suit with a black dress shirt underneath, along with a hot red tie, wow did he look good. He flashed me his award winning smile, which brought back memories of the last time I saw him.

I smiled back before turning away to look out the window, not wanting him to see my flushed face. The sky was now a mixture of dark and light colours, with the sun barley in sight anymore. It was 6:07, just on time for the guys game.

Once we arrived at the rink, Liv and I began to walk towards the entrance as Connor follwed behind us, leaving Dylan to struggle with closing the car trunk.

"This damn thing won't close Liv" Dylan whined.

"Ugh you idiot" Liv playfully responded. She headed back towards the car to assest the helpless Dylan, her blonde locks bouncing on her back.

I hadn't even realized I had stopped in my tracks until Connor had caught up to me, he was right next to me when he asked "Wanna head in?". I noded and than follwed his lead.

Once in the building, I looked around. It was still basically empty, minus the odd security guard or fan roaming the halls. I continued to follow Connors lead as we headed towards the staircase that led to the players hall.

"This darn thing" Connor said as he dropped his hockey bag and sticks, making a loud thud.

I looked down at him, he was crouched on the floor trying to adjust the strap on his bag. There wasn't anyone really insight, but I thought it would be a good idea to move to the side.

"Let's bring it over here" I said pointing towards a bench. I bent down to pick up his two hockey sticks, making eye contact yet again with him. I headed to the bench and sat down, placing his sticks next to me. He dragged the bag over to the bech, and processed to fix it.

"What's wrong with it?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence.

"It's been broken for a week or so now, the strap just keeps coming undone" he responded, keeping his attention focused on the bag.

I noded in response, even though he couldn't see me.

"There". He dropped the strap of the bag and rested his back on the bench, licking his lips as he did so.