Chapter Three- The Bar

Sorry of there's typos or autocorrect mishaps >~<

I always feel anxious whenever I close the shop for the night. It was like a piece of me and my life, and I hated to leave it. However, at some point I always had to leave it. I couldn't stay in the shop forever, and I had to go out and socialize with my friends.

The main spot we hung out at was the Golden Heart Tavern. My best friend Katelyn's boyfriend Jeffory ran the bar with our friend Travis. It was a simple bar. It had that tudor feel, white walls, dark wood, reddish carpet. The smell had changed over the years. Once it was of cigarette smoke only, the perfume that clung to clothing, skin and furniture alike. Now it is stale beer and body odour. There are establishments that are more like restaurants now - all clean with waiting staff. Not here. First off they couldn't afford much staff, only their chef KC (Kawaii~Chan) and bartender and waitress, Donna. And second, Jeffory's last concern was about the how classy the bar was, and more about how his daughter was.

I opened the front doors with a smile, taking in the familiar sights and smells. Travis hung in the corner near two girls, while Jeffory and Katelyn sat at the bar, drinks in their hands. I decided to sit down next to Katelyn, and looked over at Donna who was helping a man who looked like he was in his mid forties.

Katelyn was leaning over the bar, her long powder blue rested on her shoulder as she rolled her head back and laughed. As usual, she seemed happy here. This was her place just as much as Jeffory and Travis. She loved it here. It was her own personal sanctuary where only those she liked would be, and nothing else.

"Aphmau," she said with a lazy smile. I could tell she'd already had a few root beers and the storm was already beginning. "You're not gonna believe what Abby did."

I looked over at Jeffory, who ruffled his dark chocolate hair with a laugh. "She said she kissed a boy in class."

"A boy?" I nearly yelled. I covered my mouth for a moment. "A boy?" I whispered.

"Apparently his name is Fenrir." Katelyn said moving her hand close to my face. "And apparently," dhe leaned back and rested her hands at the back of her head. "He's her handsome prince."

"Handsome prince eh?" I laugh. "What is she now? Seven? Eight?"

"Nine." Jeffory said taking a sip of his drink. "Apparently now is when the boys cone into play..." He rubbed his temple with his fingers.

"They grow fast these days." Katelyn said with a laugh. She looked down at his bottle, which was now empty. "Donna! Get me another Witch's Brew!" She shouted, her words slightly slurred.

"Me too!" I yelled.

Jeffory laughed. "It's been a while Aph, how's the shop?"

"Busy as ever." I rolled my eyes. "Just a bunch of pompous rich guys wanting jewelry with meaning."

"Better than what we get here." He said. "Surprisingly, some of our repeat customers are here for Travis." He pointed towards Travis who was leaning up against the wall, two girls in dresses playing with his snow white hair.

"He's a womanizer and a wuss." Katelyn said. "The boy is too scared to check the boiler downstairs. Says there's a ghost."

Just then Donna came up to us with two bottles of root beer. "Talking about Travis huh?"

"Yeah. So Donna, how's the husband search?" I asked.

"Nothing." She rolled her eyes. "I'll find someone eventually."

"Good job Donna. You're being positive." Jeffory smiled.

"Yeah, and you better appreciate it. Otherwise I'm coming after you for a raise." She pointed as Jeffory menacingly, pursing her lips in annoyance. We all laughed, knowing Donna and how persistent she was.

This is why I loved it here like Katelyn did. Unlike the shop, this was where I had people I liked. People who were after a steady paycheck and the best for those they love. The shop only brings in the wealthy who see nothing but dollar symbols. The people here had stories behind them.

Jeffory had his daughter Abby in high school. He had accidentally knocked up his girlfriend, who after having Abby fled and was never seen again. He's raised Abby alone her whole life, aside from Katelyn's constant assistance. Unlike Jeffory, Katelyn was raised in a large family. She was surrounded by her father and her three brothers. She went off to college and dropped out after hearing one was in an accident. After that, she's only worked in order to pay for medical expenses.

The two started dating a year ago, but had known each other since high school. After my own incident, they took me in and offered me refuge in their makeshift family. And here was their makeshift house. Even Donna, Travis and KC were family. We each has our faults and stories, and here it was a joint effort for happiness.

Here was home and nothing could stop that.

At least that was until the door opened.

In came five patrons. Each one wearing either a business suit or a short, but classy, dress. A blonde man said next to a dark brown haired man who seemed slightly younger. Next to them stood a redhead and a girl who had her hear dyed scarlet red. Behind them all was a familiar face.

The typewriter boy.

Hey guys. Sorry for the wait. I was going through some things and hit a massive brick wall, but I was able to scramble together what I wanted for this chapter. I've been working on originals, and most of my mind is taken up by that, so sorry >~< I promise, I'll have more throughout August and possibly into September. For now, good day and goodbye

~ Vicky