Chapter Two- Business

"So you decided to branch out huh? 'Bout time you did something with that pretty little brain of yours." Lucinda said as she traced the outline of her tea cup with her finger. She looked up at me and smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "I guess." I shrugged as I took a sip of my coffee looking down at the engraved markings on the table. 'Sasha likes Gene' it read. That's a weird thing to put on a table, I thought, ignoring

"C'mon Laurance, you might as well embrace what you got. And what you got is money." She said. "I mean look at me. I despise Hyria, but look what I created with her money. The potion factory is at its peak!" She said smiling.

The potion factory was merely Lucinda's way of making her root beer company sound "child friendly". Like most people like us, Lucinda made the most of her mother's fortune. She bought an old warehouse and began production. With our family names, it's unlikely for any business we make to fail.

"That's what everyone does Lucinda." I sighed.

"What's wrong with you lately?" She said bluntly. "You work on nothing, spend time doing who knows what, and rarely speak anymore."

"I'm bored is all." I shrugged again..I took another sip.

She looked at me, obviously not falling for it.

"Well I don't know what it is. It's just," I thought for a moment. "Different now you know?"

"How so?" She asked. "Things seem the same to me."

"Exactly. It's a constant loop." I said. "But the loop is beginning to grow... tiresome."

"You know you don't mean that." She said. "You're just over thinking things."

"But it's... strange. I just don't like anything anymore. The house, the food, the clothes. I mean look at me!" I gestured down to my button up shirt and black pants. "This is a lunch and I look like I'm going to a meeting."

Lucinda shook her head, her orange hair following each shake. "It's presentation Laurance." She shrugged. "It's just what we have to do."

"But what if we don't want to do it?" I ask.

"There's really no choice." She said. "Our lives are different from most. We have money. Lots of it. With that comes authority. And with that, power." She looked me in the eye, her crimson to my blue. "We're the future of our parents legacy. If we break it, it's dishonorable to us all."

"You're right." I hung my head. I looked down at my dark black shoes. "Here," I take out my wallet. "Pay in cash for me would you?" I pass her two hundred.

"That's way too much Laurance and you know it." She said looking down at the money.

I stood up and looked down at her. "It's presentation Lucinda." I smirk. "Have Nicole, Cadenza, and Garroth meet up at the tavern tomorrow. We can discuss that big project over drinks."

"Fine. But this is your last time pulling stunts like this. The more you waste this money the more careless you get." She said. She rolled her eyes and scowled.

"I spent five hundred on a busted up typewriter. Like I care about the money." I laugh and then turn away. I begin to walk away from the table, where I can feel Lucinda's crimson eyes staring holes into the back of my skull.

I smirk. I love it when I get my way.