Chapter 9 : The past

Kyoya's p.o.v

"Akira was my best friend since I was four. We used to spend most of our time together, and her house was next to my house, so I slept at her house many times. We kept our friendship for years. As we grew up, this friendship turned into silent love. However; when she was only fifteen years old, her family faced financial problems, and they had to leave to another country. I remember that day as if it was yesterday:

-" I'll be back soon.' She smiled. ' wait for me, Kyoya."

We both were very sad, but we had no other choice. We kept in touch for a year, but after that, I heard nothing from Akira and couldn’t know what happened to her.

A year ago, seven o'clock in the morning,  the maid told me that a lady wants to meet me. I wondered who would visit me so early. When I entered the guests room, she was there smiling as if she hadn’t been away for more than a year and a half.

-" Akira? I can't believe it. You're here."

My happiness was incomparable. She spent a week at my house which was  the best week of my life.

One evening, while we were having dinner, she reminded me of her coming birthday:

-" I told you I'll be back.' She smiled. ' I can't celebrate my 17th birthday alone."

She always reminded me of her birthday although I never forgot.

After dinner she asked me to go to the pool. We couldn’t swim, but Akira liked sitting there.

-" Kyoya?' she asked seriously.' Did you meet anyone when I was gone? Any girl?"

-" no.' I told her simply. ' what about you, Akira? Liked any one?"

-" yes.' She laughed.' I like you and like making you wet." She threw me with some drops of water and ran fast.

-" come here!" I followed her. I felt very happy to hear that from Akira. I knew that she loved me as I loved her.

She was running ahead of me when her foot slipped at the edge of the pool, and she fell into water.

-Akira! AKIRA!!"

I woke up after the worst nightmare for a long time. I haven’t dreamt of Akira for so long. I had such nightmares at the time of the funeral when I discovered the shocking truth.

It appeared that Akira ran from home after her father tried to force her to marry a rich man. I can't forget what her brother said then:

-" YOU killed her.' He shouted.' You are responsible for my sister's death. I will never forgive you."

Although I knew I wasn’t responsible for Akira's death, I felt very sad for losing her and couldn’t push the feelings of guilt away. That day I decided not to make friendship with any girl again, but again—a girl is changing my life.

Chapter end