Chapter 7 : First date

Saia's p.o.v

I woke up this morning feeling happy. For the first time since I came to this house, I feel comfortable-normal. I opened my window and stood feeling the warm sun. Awhile later, I ran down the stairs to prepare some sandwiches for school. Reyo was in the kitchen.

-" good morning, Reyo" said I.

He smiled affectionately. That embarrassed me a little. I started making the sandwiches and tried to avoid his eyes. I could feel his eyes on me, and that made me more embarrassed. Tadashi and Kyoya came down ready for school.

When we arrived school, something strange was happening. The students were looking at us more than usual. Tadashi confirmed my feelings when he said:

-" why do I feel we are being watched today?"

-" how annoying." Kyoya added. So they all feel the same.

Then I heard some girls gossiping about something.

-" that’s him." one of them said.

-" I didn’t expect that to happen." another one added.

-" yeah. It hasn’t changed  for five years."

I didn’t understand what they were talking about, but when we entered the main hall, many students were gathering in front of the results screen.

-" the exam results." said Tadashi and ran ahead.

' the exam results? Yeah I remember the snowing day. I hope I did good ' I thought

-" I'm the fourth " Tadashi shouted.

' wow! I didn’t expect him to be so good ' I thought.

-" congratulations" said I.

I started looking for my name. Reyo touched my shoulder.

-" hey, where are you looking? you're up there." He pointed to the top of the screen.

-" number 1!" I was completely surprised. I didn’t expect that to happen, but I felt really happy.

-" congratulations.' said Tadashi ' you are so good, Sai"

-" well—thanks."

-" Kyoya is the second and Reyo is the third" said Tadashi.

-" that’s not a coincidence, is it?" asked I.

-" nope,' said Tadashi proudly ' we are the top 3 students at this school."

-" I've never known that before."

Reyo put his hand on my shoulder:

-" we're the top 4 now. Congratulations."

-" thanks."

Everyone seemed happy. Everyone except Kyoya. I went to congratulate him for his result.

-" fine." he said angrily.

I can say he was frightening. I went back quickly for the others, and we went for class. At the class room door was another announcement ' seat change '. this is something that happens every month at this school. I looked for my new place. It was in the first row, the right side of the class. ' Reyo, Sai, Kyoya, Tadashi ' I felt happy to site next to Reyo and at the same time afraid of Kyoya. He looked more upset.