We then both step to the left and then again to the right and he just moves out of my way for me.

"Thanks"

-

"Once our home state of Virginia joined confederacy in 1861 in created a tremendous amount of tension" mr tanner goes on and on and I zone out. I then I hear my phone ring.

'Hawte staring at You' I laugh quietly and turn to see him staring at me and I give a small smile and turn around to look at the front of the classroom.

-

Me and Lena are now walking to the cemetery where our parents were buried. We sit down in front of there graves and start writing in our diaries.

Dear diary,
I made it through the day. I must of said 'I'm fine thanks' at least 37 times and I didn't mean it once. But no one noticed. When someone asks 'how are you?' they don't really want an answer.

A crow lands on the headstone and starts to talk so I nudge Lena "ok hi bird" I say to it. Then fog starts to come all around me and Elena so I get up and shoo the bird away. Then I turn around it is behind us. Then Lena gets up and stands with me looking at the bird. We bend to grab our bags and start to walk out of the cemetery. As we get to the top of the hill I turn around and see a man. I turn back around towards Lena and start to run to catch up to but I end up tripping and fall and Lena falls with me. I then see a hand held out to and Lena is already standing.

"You guys ok?" He asks.

"We're you following us?" She asks.

"No I saw you guys fall" he replies.

"Uh-huh and you just happen to be in a cemetery" I say.

"Uh I have family here"

"Oh a tackless. I'm sorry it's this fog it's making me foggy. And then there was this bird and it all very Hitchcock for a second... That is the movie with the bird... I'm Emma and this is Elena" I introduce.

"I'm Stefan"

"We know we all have history together" Lena says to him.

"And we also have English and French together" he says referring to me and him.

"Right" I say then he pulls a leaf out of my hair.

"Thanks"

We stare at each other for a little bit and I think Lena feels awkward because she said "nice ring". I look down at his hand to see a big ring on his right hand.

"Uh thanks... It's a family so I'm kinda stuck with it... It's weird huh?"

"No no that's not what I meant. It's just there's rings and then there's that" she says.

"Did you hurt yourself?" He asks me.

"Hm"

"Did you hurt yourself?" he repeats.

"oh i don't know" I went over to a nearby log, put my foot on it and moved up my pant leg and saw that i cut my leg. "Oh wow. Would you look at that. That is not pretty." I see that Stefan has turned away and Elena saw it to.