Chapitre III; Blueberry flowers?

I woke up on the ground. I looked around and noticed that Adora was lying right next to me. She seemed to be knocked out. I scratched my soft head and looked down at Adora's beautiful blonde hair.

I stood up and took care of not waking Adora up or disturbing her and looked around at the place where we seemed to have fainted. It seemed as if we got teleported to somewhere unknown, yet at the same time, somewhere familiar. There were trees all around us and the ground seemed to be covered in this fluffy substance which I couldn't resist not touching.

I grabbed a handful of this strange wool and slowly started rubbing it against my arm. Every single time its molecules came in contact with mine, I could feel this wave of euphoria run throughout my body. I sneezed a couple of times before getting plundged into this deep beauty sleep.

- Adora! Adora! I yelled.

As she turned her head around, her golden hair followed the movement and she raised an eyebrow. I got lost into her eyes again as she giggled a little bit, while looking at my face covered in some weird blue mixture.

She smiled again and took a tissue with her pale hands. She covered her hands with it and started cleaning up my face from whatever was on it. After taking off a small part of it, she brought the threadwork near her nose and smelled it. Her eyes sparkled and as she got closer to my face, I could feel my cheeks burn. She got so close that if I moved an inch, I could make our lips softly touch one another.

I could feel Adora's breath near my neck as she licked my cheek once. I opened my eyes before closing them again. I didn't expect whatever reaction Adora just had and my head was about to blow up from all this heat.

Adora took the tissue and handed it to me.

- Sniff it, it's the sweet taste of blueberry! she said as she giggled once more.

I took the tissue she was holding and got it closer to my nose. It indeed smelled like blueberry, Adora's favourite scent.

I couldn't believe I had somehow woken up with a substance on my face. I couldn't come to think to a better explanation except for it being a silly prank pulled by my partners. I looked at Adora right in the eyes. My cheeks were still red from her very sudden... Lick.

The woman I loved knelt down and grabbed a paper on which she started doodling a few things. She usually enjoyed doing this while I recited a few poems I had written, secretly, for her. She had always thought they were poems I had found in some weird textbook at the library from downstairs, but she ignored that the author was standing right in front of her.

I sat down next to Adora and took care of leaning in closer to her. She drew a few flowers.

- You see this, Catra? One day, we'll be able to live on this kind of field. Ah! I sure wonder what flowers smell like. she said, as she daydreamed.

In fact, Adora had always wished she could of touched a flower at least once in her life. She's even convinced that trees grew apples and that the petals had this kind of fluff you would enjoy sleeping on.

In fact, it was forbidden for us cadets to see the outside world because of those dirty princesses. I never truly cared about them, but I hated them for making Adora and I wait to see what flowers look like.

Instead, we had to stay inside and learn how to master multiple techniques in combat until we had reached the level where we would be forced to go outside.

Adora waited for that day with impatience and I couldn't help but be excited for the first time where I'll get to see her cute face smile to what little thing a flower is. Adora turned her face around and looked at me. She put down the paper she was doodling on and the pen she was using before stretching a little bit.

She whispered to me something I always enjoyed hearing.

- Another poem before I end up falling asleep? Maybe this time, it can be about us ruling the world. she said before closing her eyes.

I sighed before starting to speak up again.

Us? Ruling the world? I had never written anything about our dream. All I had ever written about was either love or friendship. This was unexpected.

I gasped and Adora opened up her eyes again. She left a soft giggle.

- I was joking, I know the book you found probably doesn't mention anything like that.

I looked down. I was disappointed in myself for not writing anything about our dream. It was something we had always wished for and for me to forget it, it was absolutely unforgivable.

Adora let her head rest on my shoulder as I slowly started reciting another poem, this time, sadder than they usually were... But as I opened my mouth, I could feel all of my members and senses fly away as Adora's soft breath slowly faded away with what I could consider my own life.

I woke up in this empty room. That's it. We were back at the beginning. The goo underneath me was thickier than usual and Adora was right behind me, this time, fully awake.

She took care not to bother me as she tried getting herself out of this rather sticky situation. In fact, we were both stuck to the ground as the strange mucus acted as a glue, getting hold of our bodies. I writhed my body, desperate to try and get out, but nothing was working.

I stopped moving as my energy was at its lowest. I couldn't feel any of my muscles anymore. It was pitch black but I could feel Adora's hair caressing the top of my head.

Adora let out a small moan as she tried to free herself.

We were stuck together.

Again.

In this place where escaping seemed impossible.