Chapter I: The Goo

We kept walking a long distance, somehow fetching for a place with more light or with... Food. I was starving to death and I could barely look at my hands without wanting to devoure them. I stopped and scratched my head for at least two minutes, wondering where in the world we were.

I looked behind me and there was standing Adora. Her golden hair was loosened and she was covered in bruises. Noticing that she was tired, I decided to lie down for a while.

Tic... Tic... Tic...

As the upcomming sound seemed to keep getting closer, Adora stood up on guard, ready to fight. I stayed on the floor, too weak to stand at least a few more seconds. The tics suddenly faded away, as if they never even existed. I wasn't too worried. The only thing I truly cared about was food. In fact, I was so hungry it felt like the temperature was going to climb to a hundred degrees if I didn't eat. Or that I'd somehow puke my stomach out, which would be convenient considering the pain it is making me feel out of hunger.

Adora looked at her hands and tried covering her injuries with a piece of cloath she had just removed from her favourite jacket. I looked around me using the only source of light we had, helplessly trying to find something that would somehow help us out. Nothing seemed to be different. We had been walking for a few hours yet nothing changed. It was as if we were walking in circles. You couldn't distinguish any walls nor a ceiling, which made me feel very claustrophobic ironicly.

I looked down at my feet. They were full of this goo-like mixture that smelled like apple cider. I couldn't bring myself to understand how we ended up in such a place. I touched it once more and couldn't stop myself from thinking I've already felt this substance on my body. As if it was a vague souvenir that I couldn't quite remember.

I looked next to me and questioned the glop we were sitting on. Adora gave me a confused look and then let her hand reach the mucus to bring it back to her nose; she smelled it too. The sweet smell of apple cider. Adora gasped as she quickly looked down to grab a handful of gloop. Without a blink, she filled her mouth with the weird goo and swallowed it all up. I looked at her as if she was crazy.

Adora raised a thumb, making me understand that the goo tasted the same as it smelled. I was dying of hunger and couldn't stand watching Adora emptying her stomach from this hunger we were both feeling. I was envious and decided to taste it too.

It was strange. The strange mixture would somehow transform into a crunchy bread with the sweet taste of apple, leaving behind a great cinnamon savor on my tongue. As I swallowed it, I felt the cider-side of the mixture going all down my body until reaching my stomach. I looked down at the floor as if it was a miracle. All this time, we were walking on food. This weird goo would somehow have the taste of Adora's favourite flavors. 

I looked at her and she seemed to be enjoying the " food " quite a lot. For the first few hours of being together, it was the first time she had truly smiled of joy. I chuckled while looking at her filling her mouth up with what made her leave out a smile. I couldn't help but think that she looked as amazing as she used to be.

Adora, having finished swallowing her last " bite ", stood up and looked around.

- This place seems familiar. Mind if we keep looking around? I'm pretty sure this mucus isn't the only thing it has been hiding from us.

I nodded and quickly joined her. I straightened the pad to light the way and we followed, while being extra careful of what was standing around us. I looked at my right, my left and up ahead. It seemed like the mucus was disappearing as we kept walking and we could strangely notice this ceiling that has been hiding from us. Even better: a strange light appeared right ahead of us and a wave of warmth brushed our worries away. I weirdly began to run towards that light, followed by Adora. When we got there a strange room opened up to us.

I felt my feet numb and suddenly fell on the ground along with Adora. We looked around and I was too surprised. Is this really what I think it is?

The walls were green, well you know the kind of green you wouldn't enjoy seeing every single day. The room was filled with bunk beds that were covered in broken white sheets.

I walked closer to the one I was looking at. I stared at the wall and it was exactly what I thought it was. A drawing of Adora and me were carve on the back of the wall's bed. 

I could hear Adora sobbing a bit but as much as I wanted to, I didn't do it. We were still enemies even if we were stuck together in this rather sticky situation. I couldn't just start letting my feelings come out of the blue.

Although, no matter how much I tried, I still remembered how much time we spent together and how much we used to dream to rule this world that I couldn't even look at anymore. How we'd prank the soldiers or always fight together. Those were the good old days. Now, we're just two poor teenagers who fight for the opposite cause. Just two best friends turning against each other.

Adora sat down on the bed I was staring at and slowly reached the wall on which the drawings were. A huge X would cross out Adora's face and I could feel a cold wind go down my spine.

She slowly let her finger trace out the chibi face of each character as if she was redrawing them.