Chapter 6- A Birthday Without Her

Matt's pov- Juliet's 7th birthday. It was supposed to be Gabby, Juliet, and I at Chuck E Cheese with her school friends. Now, Juliet told me she didn't want to have a party. She's just to upset.
I woke her up. "Happy birthday princess!" She looked at me. "Thanks daddy." I hugged her and she got dressed. She was eating breakfast when she told me, "Daddy, I wanna go see mommy's grave. I want her to be here too." "Well, I guess we can go see her grave if you want to." She smiled. That smile is what keeps me on the right path.
We went to Gabby's grave. I went on my phone because she said she "needed some time with mommy" and she started talking. "Mommy, I miss you. Daddy misses you too. You're supposed to be here today, 'cause it's my birthday! I'm 7 mommy! Daddy made me pink pancakes! And we have a big cake at home. I don't wanna go back to school, but daddy says I have to. I miss you mommy. I love you." I saw her blow a kiss and walk to me. "Okay daddy. I'm ready to go home." And we left.
She opened her presents and got ready for bed. She did her same normal routine, but tonight, I noticed she prayed a lot longer. "Daddy come tuck me in!"
I tucked her in bed and kissed her. "Happy birthday Juliet. I love you." "I love you too daddy."

-------
End of 6! Juliet talking at Gabby's grave was so sweet! Enjoy!