Chapter Twenty Two~* (Edt.)

Start from the beginning

I'm just about to sink into sleep when I feel someone watching me. I dismiss it at first, blaming it on my paranoia but, as I try to get comfortable the feeling grows to an uncomfortable level. Finally, I can't take it anymore so I sit up and look around my room. It takes a while for my eyes to adjust to the dark, but even after they have adjusted, I still can't see anything.

Finally, after searching for several nerve-wracking seconds, I decide their is no one watching me. I lay down slowly, slipping my hand underneath my pillow and wrapping my fingers around the handle of the knife I keep hidden there. I'm getting comfortable again, relaxing and closing my eyes, convinced I'm just being paranoid. Until I hear movement.

In one swift move, I'm on my feet and have whipped out my knife from under my pillow. My eyes search the room with more urgency. I'm about to turn on the lights to see better when I see his eyes and smile. I gasp and step away from him.

"H-how?" I stutter, backing up into the wall and flipping on the light switch with trembling hands.

"Jamie, you really shouldn't be surprised. I mean, I'm Jeff the fucking killer. I can do whatever I want, whenever I want." He says, smirking.

"Why are you here?" I whisper and hold my knife in front of me.

"I'm here to take you home." He states and sits on my bed. "Come and sit, I don't bite." He pats the bed encouragingly.

"I am home." I clutch the knife tighter.

He sighs and shakes his head. "Jamie, we both know that's not true."

"I am!" I shout.

"Shh," Before I can even blink, he's right in front of me and his hand is covering my mouth. My eyes widen and I push him away.

"Jamie!" I hear Gabriel shout and his footsteps hurry up the stairs.

"Damn it, not him again. He keeps cutting our meetings short. But, don't worry. I will be back soon." His face breaks into a wider grin as Gabriel bursts through the door. "See you later, Jamie." Jeff shouts as he runs to the patio and bursts through the doors. Glass flies everywhere as he throws himself over the edge. In the back of my mind, I realize it's absolutely freezing outside. 

"Bastard!" Gabriel screams and runs after him, waving something wildly around. I look at the thing in his hand and see it's a bat. He leans over and throws the bat as hard as he could towards Jeff.

"No!" I screech and step to Gabriel, but it's too late. The bat goes flying in the air and lands, narrowly missing Jeff's head. "What the hell is your problem?" I growl and grab Gabriel's arm, yanking him towards me.

He looks at me with cold eyes. "I would have thought you'd want that bastard dead."

I'm taken aback by the cold, hardness in his eyes. It feels as if I get to learn more and more about him every day. And, the things I'm learning aren't exactly good. "I don't want him dead." I say, applying the same amount of chilly anger to my voice. "I want him gone. There's a difference." I push him away from me and he goes stumbling back.

"Why do you even care if he lives?" He shouts.

"Because she's not you." We both turn and see my mother standing in the doorway. She's looking at Gabriel with a steely gaze. "Gabriel, I think you should go to your room."

He looks as if he's about to argue, but he decides against it. "Whatever." He mutters and leaves.

"Mom." I say, looking at her in surprise.

"Jamie." She holds her arms out to me.

I look at her. I'm so conflicted right now. Jeff is back, my boyfriend is acting different, and I'm holding back the monster in me every day. Tears prick my eyes as I sob and throw myself into her arms.