Chapter Twenty Two~* (Edt.)

1- Slenderman (whoot whoot!!)

I'm in the kitchen when the door is slammed. I look around the corner and, surprise surprise, see Jeff go running up the stairs. I give him a few seconds before Darcy comes storming in saying some very rude things about Jeff. I don't even bother to try to figure out what Jeff did this time. I just go back to the recipe book in my hand.

"Add two teaspoons of what?" I shriek and throw the book away from me.

1- Jeff

I just make it to the second flight of stairs when I hear Darcy come in behind me. I panic and look up and down the hall. I notice a door is open and I run into it, not noticing the girlish giggle coming from it. I jump inside and slam the door behind me.

"Jeff, what the hell are you doing in my room?"

I flinch at the sound of her voice and turn to her. "Hey, Rayne," I say awkwardly. "Look," I begin before she can kick me out. "Darcy is annoying me and I would really enjoy it if you can help keep her away."

"Okay." She says and turns away.

"Please- wait, did you say okay? Is something wrong with you?" I inquire and step to her.

"I'm fine and yes I did say okay. Have you become hard of hearing since I last spoke to you?" She asks with a animalistic grin. "But," I look over at her. "There's a catch."

"What is it?" I ask, suspicion laced through my voice.

She has a devious smirk on her face. "You remember that little Jamie girl?" It feels as if my heart stops when she says Jaime. "Well, I want you to bring her to me."

I feel a lump rise in my throat. "What?" I question, trying to speak past this betraying lump.

"I figure if you don't want her, Smiley and I can have her."

We have a stare down for a few seconds. "Fine." I choke out before collapsing on the bed to the sound of Darcy's rampage through the house.

1- Jamie

"Gabriel," I murmur and wrap my arms tighter around his neck. "What happened?"

"You fell asleep on the couch. Your mom told me to take you to your room." He says and smiles sweetly down at me.

"Oh, well, thank you. But," I say as I push him weakly away. "I can walk on my own." I put my feet carefully on the ground and, as soon as I put weight on them, collapse to the floor. I try for several long seconds to push myself up but my legs just won't support my weight. "Gabriel," I whine and hold my arms out to him. He laughs and picks me up off the floor, bridal-style. I giggle and cuddle into his arms. "Onward, loyal steed!"

He laughs louder and says in a sort of mocking voice, "Whatever you say, Your Highness." He walks to my room and throws open the door. "Is this room good enough for you?" He questions in a joking manner.

I let out a fake gasp. "Oh, loyal steed, it's perfect! How did you know?" He giggles and I do too.

"Wow, you must be really tired to be joking around with me so much." He states as be places me gently on the bed.

"Yeah," I murmur as my traitor eyelids begin to close.

"Goodnight, Jamie. Sleep well." He brushes a hand through my hair and gives me a gentle peck on my forehead.

"I will." I grumble and turn away for him. I hear him walk out and close the door. I smile softly to myself and snuggle deeper into the pillows, still thinking about the way it felt to be so close to Gabriel.