Chapter Five~* (Edt.)

1~ Jamie

I simply can't stop staring at him. His deep red eyes scan the room and notice Jeff holding me back and Rayne lying on the floor. A confused look crosses his face and I feel my heart stop. A slight blush crosses my face when I realize how much I've been staring at him. I can't understand these feelings. I've never felt this way about any guy.

"What . . . Is going on here?" My face turns a brighter shade of red as I listen to his deep voice.

Jeff scowls and tightens his hold on me. "Your partner here decided to fuck with me and my partner. Ta-" Jeff can't even finish his sentence.

"Partner?" The new guy's eyes lock on me. "You're Jeff's partner?" I feel his eyes slowly go over my body. "Really?"

I feel butterflies in my stomach and say, "Yeah."

"Look, Dr. Smiley, just take Ra-"

"Do you have any plans for tomorrow night?" The newly named Dr. Smiley asks, cutting Jeff off again and pissing him off even more.

"Uhm, it depends on what Jeff says." I answer back.

"And I say she does ha-"

Smiley's mask twitches slightly as he says, "Great! That means you're free. Want to hang out and maybe kill a few people? I can show you some moves."

"What? No! I'm her men-"

"What do you say? Sound like a deal?" Smiley looks over at me with that seducing look and as I stare into his eyes I just know I won't be able to say no to him.

"Sounds great."

"It sounds horrible! Smiley, get your ass out of here before I kick it like I did last week. Jamie is not going anywhere with you. Besides, you're fighting techniques are different." Jeff finally cuts in.

Smiley finally looks over and acknowledges Jeff. "Oh, Jeff! When did you get here? I didn't even notice you behind Jaime. It's rude to hide, you know." Smiley winks at Jeff.

Jeff growls and I'm pretty sure he's seconds away from ripping Smiley's head off. "Get out of here."

I feel goosebumps crawl over my body at the sound of his voice. It's the voice only a bloodthirsty killer could produce. I look over at Jeff in surprise then I glance over at Smiley and notice he's smirking. I wonder if he realizes Jeff is seconds away from murdering him.

"Oh, Jeff. You always did get angry too quickly. Fine, I'll go. Jaime, I hope I'll see you tomorrow." Smiley walks to Rayne and gently picks her up. "Guess I'll take her too. Let's go partner." He carefully takes her out the door and out of sight.

I know my face is a bright and unattractive shade of red and my heart is beating crazily. In an attempt to calm myself, I take a deep breath but it doesn't work. I keep breathing in deeply until I've finally calmed down before I turn and face Jeff.

He's lying on the bed, looking at the ceiling. I didn't even notice he had left my side. "Jamie," he says, his voice still sounding bloodthirsty.

"Yeah?" I ask hesitantly. Not going to lie, but Jeff kind of scares me, especially when he's lusting for blood.

"How would you like to go on your first killing spree tonight?" he asks, longing in his voice.

1- Jeff

I can't keep the feeling under control. It's taking over me. This always fucking happens when Smiley visits. I hate him and his stupid mask and his uptight self. His name doesn't even make sense! I rage quietly to myself. Just thinking about him pisses me off. I feel myself slip deeper into the feeling as I wait for Jaime to answer.