Never Lie To Me And Live

The way the world shifted around me, the eternal silence that hung in the air. Everything I thought it would be, only to break apart. Nowhere, I was safe. I always felt cold and alone, no matter how much I searched for warmth and company. Just the same old thing, every time.

I woke up in a cold sweat. Beads of it rolled down my face and arms as I stared wide eyed at the walls circling around me, fencing me in. Almost like my life, I could feel the reality of my dream, and yet I couldn't understand why I kept having them. Were they glimpses of the future, or were they what would happen now? No matter how hard I tried I could never figure out what was going on. And I was terrified.

My heart sank as Ryce once again popped into my mind. I wonder what he's feeling right now. What's he's thinking. Could he actually be happy where he is, or is he feeling alone? I can't even seem to quit looking at the many photos of him that we had taken when we were younger. Especially one, taken about three years back. The one photo of Cassie sitting besides us at Growleers Creek.

It's no wonder why Ryce loved her. She was the sweetest most caring girl I ever met. If you ever felt alone or you needed someone, she'd be there. She would never make you force something alone. She never deserved to die that way. And who ever did it, deserves to rot. Who ever caused her accident, deserves the worst kind of punishment. Not even death would be able to set them free.

My heart continued to cringe at the look of love in Ryce' s eyes, as Cassie simply smiles back at him. If only we could rewind time, before Ryce' s death, before the accident, before I lost my mate. Back to a time when our lives seemed to be perfect, in a world full of flaws. That would be my wish if I'd ever see a shooting star. You can never feel so alone, as to when everyone you ever attach too, leaves you way to suddenly.

I couldn't stop my tears that I have tried to keep in anymore. They just came and went naturally, except now they seem to be a part of my daily life. I can't help but start speaking only to realise Ryce isn't here anymore. How I missed his strange sarcasm and twisted humor. All the nights we would talk about the future of the pack. Only to be shattered away, time after time; only most of those times, we were able to stand up and pick up the pieces, and face the world together, as one.

It feels the clock on our lives in already preset, like the alarm on the clock, except instead of signaling time to wake up, in signals your last breath, your last heartbeat, your very last memory.

The sharp, shrill sound of a phone caused me to jump. My eyes scanned my room until they landed on my phone. Shutting my eyes, in an effort to clear the tears away, I made my way up to it only to feel the tears come back in full force. My mouth gasped open as th message I was reading lived on and on. Every dream and nightmare formed as one and split apart taking my heart and soul with them.

'It's my fault Ryce died, I was the car involved in both accidents.'

The number was blocked leaving me unable to trace the unknown, but I knew who it was.I could sense their pain and pleasure as they sent me the text. A loud scream filled my ears as I felt my vision coat in red. My door banged open as my father stepped in, his mouth open until he spotted the pure anger and hatred on my face. Taking a step forward, I faced my father as I struggled the urge to kill. It filled my veins causing me to desperately crave the taste on blood.

"Son, what's wrong? What happened?" My dad asked in several questions. I simply grinded my teeth together as I felt fangs take their place, causing my mouth to bleed. My eyes dulled to a black as I turned my eyes onto my father's.

"Everything." I growled as I pushed past him and down the stairs. My mother's eyes shown in fright as I snarled at her. Leaping onto her feet she took a step away from me as my dark eyes found hers. Death could over power even the most important things in one's life. And now, it's my time to end a life to bring resolve into two souls, yet at the same time, break my heart even harder in the process.

Darrell' s Point of View

Fear consumed me as I waited for his reply. Nearly half an hour has passed since I spilled my story to him. No part of me could even comprehend how he'd react, or what he said. I just technically told him I killed two of his best friends,.without even trying or knowing. I mean, how could anyone predict this sort of thing? Certainly not me.

The slam of a door sent me in a panic. My legs froze making me unable to move as fear courses through me. A loud crash sounded all around me, echoing through my very bones. Part of me knew who it was, but I still was afraid. I knew, this is most likely going to be over. Forever.

My blood ran cold as I heard footsteps pounding through my house. Another door slammed open before a shouted curse. As the footsteps edged closer to me bedroom, I saw my life flash before my eyes. And honestly, it was extremely uneventful, up until Aston came into my life.

The door to my bedroom smashed open, sending pieces of wood flying in every direction. I completely froze like a deer caught in headlights as he took large, deliberate steps in my direction. His lips were pulled back in almost a snarl, and his eyes as dark as night. Soon, all distance left between us, was a mere foot.

Shaking violently, I tried to think of something to say. Opening my mouth I went to speak only to feel a terribly pain in my stomach. The breath got sucked out of me as I fell to the ground, the thud echoing around the entire house. The smug smile on his look scared me half to death. More pain erupted from my stomach as kick after kick, punch after kick I received.

Choking on the blood in my mouth, I tried to focus on him, focus into his eyes, his soul. Slowly, his eyes shifted back to those lively green as he stared at me. My heart beat continuously at a fast beat as he sank to his knees besides me. Shutting my eyes, I prayed he was just an illusion and he'd go away, but the feel of his hand on my shoulder felt all to real.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." I could hear his faint voice in my ear. In a way, it calmed me, while at the same time soothed and frightened me to the core. The darkness slowly filled me, lifting me up into its waiting arms. As a small smile spread across my lips, I missed Aston cry, I missed him apologize, I missed his say he loved me.

author's note:

I loved this chapter. Sorry about chapter 12 being so short. At least this one's longer.