Forgive And Forget

Darrell's Point Of View

If I could only use one word to describe this evening it would be wow. I mean, what kind of random nonsense was that boy talking? Mates, what was that supposed to mean? Was he just kidding around or was he serious? The look in his eyes seemed serious, but the whole concept and way he said it, confused me.

I bet he's sitting around with his friends laughing about it. But, when I turned back around and glanced at him, I could've sworn I saw tears brimming in his eyes. Laying my head against my steering wheel, I contemplated going home. I couldn't. Not yet. It's not like I'm afraid of him or anything, or want to lose him as a friend, I just need time to think this all out.

In a few days, everything will be back to normal again, right?

Aston's Point Of View

Punching the wall for what felt like the millionth time, I looked in satisfaction as another hole was created in the plaster of the dark blue walls. Why, why does everything bad always happen to me? Glancing down at the floor, I saw blood dripping off of my hand and into small puddles around my feet. Adrenaline was pumping all over my body so the pain was basically numbed.

In the past four hours, I have completely ignored everything, including my wolf. About an hour ago, he finally got the message and shut up. A knock sounded on my door and my mother, Poppy's voice sounded from the other side.

"Son, you okay. Do you need to talk about it?" I could literally see red, everywhere.

Opening the door, I sneered at her before slamming the door once before reopening it. Taking that as a yes, she slowly made her way into my room, averting her eyes from the holes I have created in the walls.

"What happened? Was it your father? If it was I'll..." she began before I cut her off. Shaking my head, I looked down at the ground, looking up when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Meeting eyes, I silently stared at my best friend and Beta Ryce. I know, not the best time for this, but I need all the comfort and opinions as I could get.

"Mom. It's my mate." I began as her smile quickly faded as she saw the pain in my face. A slight quiver of my lip later and I was pulled into my mother's arms, Ryce standing looking uncomfortable in the corner. Good, I thought to myself.

"He rejected me." I sobbed into my mother's chest and I heard a breath being quickly breathed in. Not even looking, I burrowed deeper into my mother.

"Why would he do that? You're perfect." My mom stated rubbing circles into my back while gently brushing my hair from my eyes.

"Because my wolf decided I was too slow for his liking."

Pain shot up the side of my head and I looked at my mother, jaw dropped. Her eyes were angry, not good. Not good at all.

"I raised you to keep control of him." Mom began again sternly, waiving a finger in my face.

Blush flooded my face. "What? No he didn't do that." I said rubbing my head where the pain began to fade. "He may of sort of, blurted everything out. About us being mates." Once again I felt a sting on the side of my face. This time, it was from Ryce who was now standing next to me. I fell a lecture from him coming along in.

3.....

2.....

1.....

"Why would you do that? You may have just caused the entire pack to completely fall apart. If this boy believes you and starts telling people about our existence, " He quieted down and looked at me as realization smacked me harder then either of them had done to me.