Chapter Thirty One

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself as my fingers clenched and unclenched the steering wheel.

"It's going to be okay darlin'," Jax said, reaching over and prying one of my hands loose to hold it.

I sighed and looked over at him, "How can you be so calm about this? I mean, we could possibly NOT make it out and never see our son again."

Tears pricked at my eyes just thinking about it and I quickly blinked them away. The thought of my son having to go up without me made me want to puke.

"I've been through this before. You just have to keep your head or else everything will go wrong."

I nodded. He's right. Right? I mean he did go through bullshit like this all the time. I guess if there was any one who could understand how to handle the situation, it would be Jax Teller.

"Yeah. Okay."

Jax gave my hand a squeeze, "I promise. No matter what, YOU will make it home to Sid tonight."

"You're coming too."

"Of course," he leaned over and kissed my temple before opening door and stepping out of the car.

I watched him make his way to the van parked behind me at the stop sign. I lit a cigarette as I pulled out into the empty street. The smoking helped calm me for a bit. But it didn't keep my nerves at bay for very long.

I pulled up in front of what looked like an abandoned house. I looked in my rear view, seeing the headlights of the van disappear behind the house across the street.

I sighed heavily before getting out of the car. I held my purse close to my side as I made my way into the house.

"Blaine?" I called out.

I expected to see more people in the house. At least some of his lackeys.
But there was no one there. Every room was empty and it made me uneasy.

"Blaine?" I called out again. I was starting to get irritated now.

I huffed. "Well if he doesn't want his money, the fuck him. I'll keep it."

I heard the floor creak and I jumped at the noise in the silent house. I turned around to find the source of the noise.

"Jesus Christ. Why didn't you answer me when I called you?" I snapped.

Blaine gave a cocky smile as he stood on the last step, leaning against the stair railing.

"What can I say? I like to make an entrance."

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever Blaine. Can we just go ahead and get this done with? I just want to go home to Sid."

Blaine nodded, "I bet you do. And as long as you do everything you're supposed to, you'll still have a son to go home to."

"What the hell do you mean by that?" I demanded, stepping towards him.

"I simply had a couple, babysitters watching over precious little Sid. You wouldn't want them to get neglectful would you?"

I narrowed my eyes but shook my head.

"Good. Now let's go sit down and talk this out like adults."

I let him place his hand on the small of my back and guide me to the living room. Or what I suppose is the living room. It was starting to fall apart like the rest of the house. I took a seat on the couch and he sat beside me. 

"So what exactly do I need to do? I have your money, what more is there?" I asked, feeling uncomfortable. 

"I just wanted to talk for a bit. How is the baby daddy?" he asked me, leaning back on the couch. 

I nodded, "He's good. He's back in Charming."

"So you're single again?" he asked, shifting a bit closer to me. 

I was nervous with how close he was and I moved away a bit. 

"Yeah, I guess you could look at it that way."

Blaine reached over, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, "Well its either yes or no."

"I said yeah." I was getting irritated with his questions.

"Why does it even matter? Its not like there's anything between us."

"There isn't? I could've sworn that you were madly in love with all of this goodness."

I rolled my eyes, "You're delusional."

I reached over, pulling my purse into my lap. I searched around inside, looking for the money. 

"Here," I handed him the envelope after I found it, "This is all the money. So I guess I should be leaving."

I stood up to leave, only to be pulled back onto the couch. I let out a squeak of surprise as I fell back against Blaine. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and smiled at me. I pushed his arm off of me. 

"Don't touch me," I snapped.

"Now now, let's not be mean. We wouldn't want anything to happen to the baby."

My stomach dropped. I shook my head. 

"No we wouldn't. So why don't you be good?"

Jax's POV:

Chibs looked over at me from the driver's seat, a trail of cigarette smoke leaving his lips as he spoke. 

"When do we know it's time to go in?" he asked. 

"When she leaves," I replied simply, 

"But she's been in there for a while," Opie spoke up from the back. 

"Just give it a little bit longer. We don't know how long he's wanting to drag it out."

"It's been ten minutes," Happy said, "She should've been done by now."

I nodded as I picked up the handgun off the dash. I checked the bullets before chambering it and hopping out of the cars. I heard the doors opening and the guys following me out of the car. I walked up to the front door, Opie behind me.I sent Chibs and Happy to the back door.

"You ready brother?" I asked, looking over at Opie. 

He just gave me a short nod in response. I turned back to the door, raising the gun in front of me before kicking it in. I rushed through the door, Opie behind me. I could hear a door shattering off its hinges coming from the back, indicating that Happy and Chibs were in the house too.  

They met us in the open foyer, at the base of the large staircase. 

"Ree?" Opie called out first. 

No answer. 

"Audree!" I yelled louder. Nothing. 

"Where the fuck are they?" I snapped. 

I heard something heavy fall upstairs. I looked at the guys, looking for validation. It only took a nod from Happy before I rushed up the stairs. I could hear more things falling or being thrown? It was coming from the room at the end of the hall. I broke into a sprint when I heard a scream.