Chapter Eighteen

"Audree, go inside," he said with a dark tone.

I nodded and quickly slipped away from Opie and ran back to the club. I threw the door open. The guys stopped their conversation. I could feel the tears burning in my eyes.

"Audree, what's wrong?" Jax questioned.

"Blaine. His in the parking lot. Opie's out there," I could feel my knees get weak with nerves. I leaned against the door for support.

"Half-Sack," Jax yelled at the prospect behind the bar, "get her to my room to rest. And get her some water, coffee, something!"

He looked at Clay, "let's go get the bastard threatening my family."

They all brushed passed me as they left.

"Come on," Half Sack said gently, taking my arm and wrapping it around his shoulders. He guided me back to Jax's room.

I remembered it from the many nights I had spent here years ago. Half Sack disappeared only to return with a glass of orange juice.

Opie's POV:

I sent Audree back into the clubhouse while I stood toe to toe with the man that had terrified her. His hair was pulled back into a ponytail. He gave me a yellow toothed smile.

"What can I do for you?" I asked him, keeping a close eye on his motions. He threw the cigarette away from him.

He chuckled and shook his head, "nothing to worry about. I'm just an old...friend of Audree. She left town and I came to see if she's okay."

"What's your name?" I asked. I heard the door of the club house open and rushed sound of the boys behind me.

"Blaine."

"S'funny," I commented, crossing my arms and looking at him, "she told me she was running from a guy named Blaine. Something about threatening her life and the life of her kid."

His eyes narrowed, "the bitch lies. She has a drug problem. What can I say?"

"You son of a bitch!" Jax came speeding passed me and tackle Blaine down. He straddled his chest, his hands wrapped around Blaine's throat, squeezing hard.

"You threaten my child and have the fucking balls to show your face around here!"

Chibs and Juice grabbed the back of Jax's cut and struggled but managed to pull him up and off of Blaine.

"So you're the dead father she talked about? Told me you died in a bike accident," Blaine said once he gained his ability to talk again, then he smirked, "at least that's what she told me before fucking me for the drugs."

I broke. I reached forward and grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"That girl would never fuck a low life like you. Even if you put a gun to her head. But I promise you, if you open your mouth about her again, you will eat through a straw the rest of your life. If you even make it out alive," I growled. I shoved him backwards, "show him out."

"I want to give him a fair warning first. Something to just persuade him to leave her alone," Jax spoke up then smiled at Blaine, "this won't hurt. Much."

I took a step back. Jax had this handled and he had every one else to back him up. I turned around and headed back to the clubhouse. I had someone to check on. And to question.

Audree's POV:

I looked up when the door opened. Opie walked in and nodded to Half Sack in a motion that told him to leave the room. He dipped out, leaving Opie and I alone. Opie locked the door behind him.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked, my eyebrows raised in curiosity.

"I just think we should talk. And I don't want to be interrupted." He came over to sit next to me on the bed.

"What happened?" I asked softly, looking over at him.

He shook his head, "he's being escorted out."

"Is he able to walk on his own?"

"Jax was dealing with him when I left."

I nodded. We say in silence for a little bit. I turned to him.

"So what did you want to talk about?"

Opie took my hand, rubbing the back of it with his thumb.

"I wanted to talk about what happened before we were interrupted." He looked at me with a hopeful look in his eyes.

I felt a pang of guilt. I didn't know what I wanted to happen. I just wanted to feel safe, that's all I did know. And if being with Opie or around Opie more made me feel that, then maybe it wouldn't be all bad to tell him what he wanted to hear?

"What about it?" I asked.

"What does it mean? I mean, what do we do?"

He was nervously playing with his beard.

"Well what do you want to do?" I asked, pushing him to voice it.

"I would um, like to be with you. I just don't what Jax would think," he admitted.

I gave the best smile I could, "I would like that too. And Jax would actually be okay. He said he just wanted me to be happy."

"Are you sure about this?" Opie said, looking at me with a serious look.

I nodded. Opie smiled and leaned forward to kiss me gently. I guess I'm an old lady again. Fuck.

A Game of Jaxजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें