• ONE •

"A walk, Quintasha?" is what Mom tells me when I ask her what the heck I'm supposed to do at home alone.

"Mom!" I drawl, pulling out the o until Mom clamps a hand on my mouth and tells me to figure it out, since I'm a 'grown girl'.

I know, I know, I'm twenty and all, but my heart's very young, very.

"Fine," I snap, glaring at the wall.

"Quin, I'll be back as soon as I can. Oh, and don't bore a hole into the wall..."

If only looks could kill or bore holes in walls...

"See you!"

After Mom heads out of the room, I switch on the television only to see it blank. Stupid cable connection!

I flip all the channels and am about to switch it off when one channel flickers to life. Oh, at least I can watch something!

"Mom!" the blonde girl drawls, pulling out the o.

"Quenna, please! You can figure out something to do! You're a grown girl!" the brunette woman, seemingly her mother, clamps her hand over the girl's mouth and tells her.

Quenna glares at the wall and snaps, "Fine."

"Quen, I'll be back as soon as I can. Oh, and don't bore a hole into the wall..."

Quenna's mom blows a kiss to her and says, "See you!" before stepping out.

She plops down on the couch and switches on the television muttering to herself...

"How childish is this girl?" I say out loud and begin to laugh my head off.

'She's just like me!' a small voice says in my head, and I shrug it off.

Tying my blonde locks back into a pony, I switch off the television, put my phone into my jeans pocket and walk out, locking the house before I leave.

Maybe Mom was right- a walk would do me good. Besides, it's damn stuffy inside...

I wander around the place. I'm unfamiliar with this area. Dad got transferred here, so Mom and I moved here as well. Dad's been here for five weeks, and Mom and I just got here today morning, so I haven't even met Dad yet.

Still, I decide to go just a bit far, keeping landmarks in my mind.

I don't get why we have to stay in this place seemingly in the middle of nowhere. I mean, the scenery is nice and all, but we only have one neighbouring house, and even that seems uninhabited.

After walking for about twenty minutes, I decide to turn around and go back home, to maybe read a book or something. Doubling my pace, I go back in what I judge to be the same direction but something seems off.

I don't see any of the landmarks I saw on the way. Maybe I took a wrong turn or something?

"Oh, sheet!" I say.

This seems like a completely different area...

How am I ever going to find my way back? There's no service here even if I was to call Mom!

I'm about to take off running in one direction, sure that if I run a lot in any direction I'll reach somewhere, when someone clears their throat.

I nearly jump out of my skin, my heart rising to my mouth as it beats wildly.

Turning around, I see that it's a blond guy who looks a bit older than me. His bright brown eyes catch my eyes. They're unbelievably pretty!

He's pale, pale as milk, his complexion not unlike an A4 sheet.

"Lost your way?" he asks, his voice diaphanous and smooth.

When I nod, he smiles a full-blown smile, his eyes glinting with, is that joy? Or pleasure?

"I'll help you find your way," he tells me.

When I thank him, he nods and introduces himself as Reid Cenna. There's something about that charming smile that makes me forget everything else, like how I'm lost. Oh wait, I am and should ask him.

"Quintasha Linck," I say, watching his eyes light up more.

What is going on? I have no clue!

- - - - - - -

All the chapters in this story are going to be around this length...

I know Quintasha seems extremely stupid (which she probably is)...

I'll try to update and finish this story as quickly as I can!

- - - - - - -