Mine

Once inside her apartment, Alise slid down the door, sighing. Jeff stood before her, his eyes unreadable. She cringed at him. “Something you need?” she muttered.

Jeff frowned. “You told me you hated me,” he muttered for the second time that night, sliding down the wall opposite her. His toes were just barely touching hers, and she frowned at him. Did I really hurt his feelings?

“I told you I lied. I was angry,” she explained with a sigh, running a hand through her hair. She didn’t like the vulnerable side of Jeff she was seeing; it made her feel like she was at fault. Maybe she was.

“I’ve never been angry enough with you to tell you that I hated you!” he hissed out, crawling forward to where he was straddling her. Alise turned her head to the side, glaring at him out of the corner of her.

“You’ve been angry enough to try to kill me. You scare me sometimes,” she admitted, pushing him back lightly with the tips of her fingers. She was surprised when he let her, rocking back on his heels before her. Looking into his eyes, she was stunned by the unhidden pain in them. She froze, one hand reaching out hesitantly.

Jeff pushed his face into her hand, looking more and more like a child wanting to be loved than a sadistic killer. “I’m sorry,” he whispered. “I’m sorry.”

Alise softened a bit, pulling him into her and letting him lean his head against her shoulder. “Shh, Jeff,” she muttered, wrapping her arms around him. “I know you’d never hurt me intentionally,” she soothed, running a hand through his hair.

As high maintenance and childish as he was, Alise couldn’t bear the thought of no Jeff in her life. She pressed her face into his hair, breathing in his scent quietly. “Don’t worry, Jeff,” she murmured again, tightening her arms around him. “I’ll forgive you for anything.”

His head moved up slowly so his gaze could meet hers. “Anything?” he rasped in a hoarse voice. “Even keeping you from having a normal life? I… was planning on killing Kane,” he admitted, leaning away from her.

Alise tensed, but said nothing, instead pulling him back to her. “You have to stop that, Jeff,” she breathed, keeping her palms on his cheeks. “You can’t be so jealous over little things. I love you, I fucking do,” her breathing stuttered a bit as she realized what she said, but she didn’t want to take it back, “but you have to stop. I’ll never leave you.”

Jeff’s eyes cut into her, and in a moment, he was closer to her within seconds, lips slamming against hers. She gasped a bit, and he took the moment to slide his tongue into her mouth, fingers knotting in her hair possessively. She placed her hands on his shoulders, clinging with a sigh.

“You’re mine,” he snarled, all hint of apology gone from his eyes. “Mine, mine, mine,” each word was punctuated with a sharp nip to her neck, making her yelp at the sting.

Her shoulders ached slightly with the force he was using to push her into the wall, but she couldn’t find the will to ask him to stop. She brought both hands to the back of his head, threading them through his hair easily. She leaned into him lightly, sighing against him.

“Don’t ever leave me,” he muttered in a low growl, standing up with her arms tightly in his grasp. She stumbled to her feet after him, taking in a sharp breath of surprise when he picked her up to pull her to her bedroom. She nodded dumbly as he placed her on the bed, crawling under the covers beside her.

She felt nervous, but said the words, anyway. “I’ll never leave you, Jeff.”

“Ever?”

“Ever.”

He let out a deep, shaking breath, burying his head in her neck and wrapping his slim arms around her waist. She tensed slightly as she felt his hand creep into her tank top, but he didn’t lift it any further.

The more she got to see the real him, the more she realized he was like a child needing acceptance. He just wanted the contact of skin on his. She brushed her fingers lightly through his hair, feeling her eyes grow heavy in exhaustion. Jeff was breathing evenly against her chest.

“Go to sleep, Alise,” he grumbled in a husky voice, just barely trailing his fingers along her hip. “I’ll be here when you wake up.”

Yikes at the shortness. Oh well, my muse has totally left me on this chapter, so I had to make it a sort of filler c: Votes, comments, and fans make me a happy author <3