Chapter 14

We slowly pulled back.

"So that was a kiss?" I asked. I wasn't sure what to think.... All we really did was touch lips together and that was enough to give me butterflies in my stomach. I had so many butterflies in my body I could practically fly away.

"Y-Yeah... I guess it was," Lincoln said. I wasn't sure what he was thinking. He wasn't smiling... Although he didn't looked displeased either. I couldn't really tell what he was thinking.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked. "Should we not have done that? Are you having second thoughts?"

"N-No.... That's the thing... I really did like it.... And I kind of want to do it again."

"Should we?"

"I-If you want to... I don't want to force you," he looked away and rubbed his arm.

"No... I want to... "

"You do?"

"Y-Yeah... I do. One more time?" I asked.

"Y-Yeah," he responded and smiled this time.

"O-Okay..." We leaned in really close, closed our eyes, and kissed again.

We kept our lips on each other's longer this time.

Lincoln pulled away, "That was awesome...." He blushed.

"Heh heh... Yeah, it was," I smiled back at him and of course I was blushing too...

"So what should we do now?" He asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Should we be like boyfriend and girlfriend?" Lincoln blushed more.

"S-Sure... But we got to keep it a secret from our families...."

"I agree. My sister's would flip their lids if they found out I kissed a girl, especially since that girl is you. They know about my big crush on you... Although I didn't tell them, they just kind o figured it out," Lincoln explained.

"Oh I see. Yeah, my mom knows about my crush on you... She would freak if she found out we kissed... Especially since we are home all alone..."

"Yeah, I understand... But what happens if we what to kiss again or hold hands or stuff like that?" He asked.

"Well I guess we'll have to do that kind of stuff in secret.... Like when my mom is at work and when we go on walks and stuff."

"Oh okay, that works," Lincoln nodded his head in agreement.

After that day Lincoln and I have been hiding a relationship from our parents and his siblings, which was pretty hard to do because all of his sisters had that special relationship detecting "sister sense". Even Lily, Lincoln's youngest sister, knew something was up with us. Honestly, I think his sisters knew exactly what was going on but they knew that if their parents were to find out, Lincoln and I wouldn't be able to hang out again... I think I would die inside if that were to happen.

"So your mom said you might be coming to school with me this school year. Is that true??" Lincoln asked excitedly. We were both sitting on my bed with our guitars. We still hadn't formed that band, but Lincoln was getting better at guitar every day! He started out on bass until Luna gave him an actual guitar, that's when he switched instruments.

"Yeah! I can't wait! I haven't gone to public school since forever! I'm always homeschooled because of all my moves in the past... Mom didn't want me to constantly be moving from one school after the next. It would have really put a damper on my grades," I said.

"But since you're not moving anytime soon~.... We can hang out at school! And you can meet Clyde," Lincoln laughed. Clyde is his best guy friend, he says I'm his best girlfriend and that he can't choose between us. I actually haven't met Clyde yet... Lincoln sure has talked a lot about him though. He also told me that he talks a lot about me when he's with Clyde. I'd like to see how it is when we are all three together... I hope there's no third-wheeling...

The first day of school came and to my surprise... It was terrible. I already didn't fit in and I was a whole grade ahead of Lincoln so I didn't get to see him much. Yeah, we were in the same school and all, but I only really go to see him during lunch and recess. Oh, and I finally met his friend Clyde! He was actually a lot more nice than I imagined... Of course though, I mean, he was Lincoln's friend and all.

I slowly pulled out a sandwich I had packed for lunch, and when I looked up I saw Lincoln waving too me. He was carrying a lunch tray, well, because he ate the school lunch of course. Clyde was right behind him with a sack lunch, just like what I brought.

I waved back and motioned for the to sit besides me. At the moment, I was the only one seated at my table, that's probably because Lincoln and Clyde are my only friends, but oh well, they were totally great anyway!

Lincoln was smiling right at me, aw yes, Lincoln's smile, it was adorable, yet attractive. That chipped tooth of his really brought out the color of his eyes. I literally couldn't think clearly due to my crush, but hat was okay. 

All of the sudden, something brought me out of my daze! Lincoln had just fallen face first on the ground with his food and tray smashed to his chest.