Chapter 9

Three months have gone by... I don't want to face Lincoln because I know I could move and day.... Anytime.... This isn't the longest time I've lived somewhere. The longest would actually be five months, not three. I just need some reassurance... I need something to tell me that no matter what, I'm not moving, then I can be friends with Lincoln, like I want to so badly.... I've just been locked way in my room, I haven't even been reading or playing my instruments.

There was a knock at my door.

"He's here again, are you sure you don' want to see him?" My mom didn't even open the door, se just spoke through it.

"I'm positive."

"But you still like him?"

"Of course!"

"Then talk to the poor kid!"

"I can't! You don't understand...."

My mom just sighed and left me alone. Not once did she try cheering me up or talking to me about my problems. As far as she is concerned I can resolve this myself.

I listened to the conversation outside my bedroom:

"I'm sorry Lincoln, she doesn't want to see you right now... Maybe tomorrow," My mom said to Lincoln who was outside the front door of my house. He had come over every day since that night. He only comes over once a day though. Everyday he come he brings my something. I keep everything he brings.

"And she still likes me?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Then why won't she see me?"

"I don't know... She keeps everything you bring her though."

"I'm glad," Lincoln said and then left. Hearing this made me want to cry, but I stayed strong.

There was a second knock at my door and this time my mom actually came in my room.

"What is it this time?" I asked. Not meaning to sound rude, but I did because I was in a mad mood.

"This is what Lincoln brought you today and it has a note attached to it," she said, handing me a brown, paper bag. "Thanks mom."

"Alright, then I will leave you to it," she said, leaving my room.

I opened the bag, it was the first issue of Ace Savvy. The hero Lincoln told me so much about. Then there was the note. The had writing was quite sloppy but I was able to read it:

Dear (Y/N),

I'm sorry for whatever I did wrong. Your mom says you still like me and to come back, but I think she's lying to me. She says you keep everything I give you, which makes me happy. I'm glad to hear you like my gifts. I hope one day we can see each other again. I would really like to see you. Luna misses you too. I showed her what you taught me except I was able to play it on her 6-string guitar. She was very impressed. Thank you for teaching me. One day you'll be happy, I just know it! I'll come back tomorrow too. I'll come back everyday until you feel better, then we can finally be friends again. Tell me how you Like Ace when we hang out next.

Yours Truly,

Lincoln Loud

Just like that, a single tear rolled down my face.

It's been six more months now, Lincoln still comes over every day and I've read Ace Savvy probably 20 times by now. I've practically memorized every page. I should probably return it to him one day, when I finally move that is.

Like always, there was a knock at the door:

"(Y/N), I have some news~!!" it was my mother. Like always.

"Come in," I said with a flat, monotone voice.

"Guess what!"

"What?" Why was she so happy??

"Jason proposed!"

"And?"

"I said yes! I'm getting married!"

My heart stopped. It looks like I really was going to stay here. All this wasted time.... It was already summer again. I completely missed going to school with Lincoln. My mom had even offered it, and I said "no".

"(Y/N)? Are you okay?"

My head slightly twitched, "That's great mom. Hey, is it okay if I go to Lincoln's house? I have something I need to give back to him."

"Of course! I've been waiting for you to ask to go over there!"

I got up off f my bed and grabbed the brown, paper bag that Lincoln had previously given to me and headed out my bedroom door and soon out of my house. Instead of going straight to the Loud's house, I first went to the park and cried for about 15 minutes realizing that I have made a huge mistake. Poor Lincoln. He's probably so hurt.

After I was done crying and my eyes were no longer red, it started to rain, so I put my hood on. I was wearing the same jacket at I did the last time I saw Lincoln.

I took a deep breath as I walked up to his house. I knocked. All I could hear was the sound of a dog barking and children playing in the distance.

"Who is it~?" It was Luan. Great.

"Someone who is very sorry," I said.

"'Someone who is very sorry' who~??"

I don't have time for this.

"Luan just open the door!" it was Lori.

"Ugh, fine, I'm SORRY," Luan laughed, although I didn't find it very funny.

Luan opened the door and there was a huge gasp from everyone when I stepped foot in the house.