Chapter 11

The very next day I was very happy. I woke up feeling so much better. I was in a better mood and everything! I no longer had bags around my eyes, however, I couldn't say the same about Lincoln. The poor guy always had big bags under his eyes... I wish I could find a way for him to be less stressed all the time.

I walked out of my room, it was about 11:00 a.m. I had jus waken up.

"Hey mom," I was trying to get my mother's attention. She was sitting on Jason's lap, drinking her morning coffee.

"Yes dear?" She replied.

"Is it okay if I head over to Lincoln's to hang out?" I asked. Man, I really hope that Lincoln is awake. Then again he has come over pretty early before. Sometimes he would even come over before school was in session. And my mom was still here because she didn't got to work until 12:00 p.m. She was a waitress. Jason worked at some nerd store I guess, but I didn't really pay much attention to his occupation.

"Isn't it a little early? And have you had breakfast?"

"I'll just grab a granola bar or something... Mom, can I go? Please? I haven't seen him in forever!"

"And who's fault is that?" She crossed her arms. Well mom, I don't know, who's fault is it really? Sarcasm of course.

"Yeah yeah..."

"Yes, you can go," mom smirked.

"Thank you so much!" I quickly grabbed a granola bar and Lincoln's old jacket. Well, my NEW jacket that is. I always wore a jacket. It's not that I was cold all the time, I just felt protected...

"Bye mom! I love you!" And just like that I was out the door.  Man! I can't wait to see Lincoln again!

I was now on my way to the Loud house. I approached the front steps. Once I got to the door I knocke three loud knocks. This time Luna answered the door.

"Hey! How's it going, bro?" She smiled and let me in.

"I'm good! I'm doing much better now," I smiled at her.

"Say, is that Lincoln's jacket?" She asked and smirked.

"Uh.... No? Of course not! This is mine!" Which technically it was now!

"Okay okay, no need to get so defensive, bro," Luna laughed.

"Did someone say defense?!" Lynn freaked out.

Luna and I didn't answer.

"You know, Lincoln is going to be pretty happy to see you, bro," Luna said and smiled. She lead me up to his room. "Here's your stop."

"Thanks Luna!" I smiled and waved to her before she left to go back to whatever she was doing before. I knocked on Lincoln's bedroom door.

"Who is it?" Lincoln asked, he didn't answer the door. Not only that but he didn't sound terribly thrilled.

"It's (Y/N). Can I come in?"

I heard some fumbling and some other little noises and then Lincoln opened his door. "Yeah, of course you can come in!" He smiled and laughed.

"Sweet!" I quickly made my way into his room.

Lincoln went to close his door until he heard his father yell at him.

"Lincoln Loud! I told you yesterday not o shut that door of yours!" His dad called out from downstairs.

"Sorry!" Lincoln replied. "I forgot," he mumbled, kind of irritated.

I sat on his bed, "What's so wrong with the door being open?" I asked, curious.

"My sister's don't like to min their own business," he crossed his arms and looked away.

"You know, we could always go to my house. I could just say I'm giving you bass lessons again."

"Really? Yeah, we should do that..." He said.

"Come on, let's go ask your parents," I took his hands and lead him to where his parents were. They were downstairs. His dad was reading the newspaper and his mom was crocheting (It's like knitting).

"Yeah okay... Mom, dad, can I please go over to (Y/N)'s house?" Lincoln asked wth his hands together in a praying position.

"Just be back before 5 p.m.," His mother told us.

"Okay! Thank you mommy!" Lincoln said. With that he quickly ran upstairs to grab a few things and came back down. "Okay bye love you guys!" Oh good. He didn't embarrass himself this time.

Lincoln took my hand again and lead me outside. So we were off to my house again.

"So what's in your backpack?" I asked because I wasn't sure why he needed a backpack.

"Oh it just has stuff in it," he said.

"Okay," I laughed. "What kind of stuff?"

"An old broken guitar that Luna gave to me. She gave it to me after I played her the one song I know. I was wondering if you could help me fix it and then teach me some stuff on it."

"Sure! That sounds fun! I'll totally teach you some songs!" I told him. That really did some like fun too! I loved teaching Lincoln how to play instruments. It was so cool to see his progress. Maybe one day we could start that band we always talked about.