Chapter 7

"Amber," Jared murmurs, gently shaking me awake. I look around. Cole is asleep on the floor, curled up in a tight ball. "I got bored." He grins and I smile back at him. I sit up and stretch.

"How come you guys didn't give him any blankets or pillows?" I demand. Jared sighs and shakes his head.

"He refused them. He wants to leave. I... I think we should let him," Jared says. "Not because I hate him, just because he wants to." Cole sits up instantly.

"Please let me leave," He whispers. "Please?" He locks his eyes onto mine. I finally nod and he gets up and runs from the room. Jared cradles me to him, pressing his lips to my cheek and holding me tightly. I hear shouts from downstairs. We both teleport down, surrounded by my force field. Randy stands there, six crystals surrounding him. He charges forward and gets thrown down. The crystals must be making some sort of cage so he can't get out. He closes his eyes and red smoke starts to slam into the walls of the cages.

"Amber," Jared whispers. I take a step toward Randy, fascinated. Jared wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me back to him. "Don't." I struggle against him, wanting to feel the smoke, to breathe it in. Wait... that's death smoke. I give my head a little shake. The powerful emotion to release Randy surges through me again, but I stamp it down. He's the bad guy. Suddenly, Red smoke is floating around us. How? I whirl around and see Connor grinning widely. He grabs me from Jared, holding me tightly. Dan and Jared freeze, unsure of what to do. Cole moves forward to release Randy from the cage. The smoke swirls around us. Jared and Dan start coughing, sinking to the ground. I move them closer together and form the force field around them, leaving myself unprotected. But Death Smoke can't hurt me. I blink out of Connor's grasp, anger surging through me. I slam them to the wall using telekinesis. They can't form the Smoke anymore, because they can't move their hands. The smoke slowly fades from view, as does the force field.  Jared and Dan stand by me, hatred blazing in their eyes. Jared wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me to his side. I close my eyes and fire appear beneath them on the floor.

"Who sent you?" I demand. They exchange looks as the fire slowly, but steadily grows higher. "Who sent you!" The tips of the flame lick their feet.

"You'll have to kill us," Connor gasps. I focus on him, how he protected me. This can't be the real Connor. It just can't be. I close my eyes and look into his mind.

I hate her. I wish she was dead. Then shadows would rule. With her gone... we would win. How to escape... I could keep up the Connor act, then murder her in her sleep... yes

"Amber, please... I didn't mean to...  I don't know what's wrong with me," Connor begs desperately. I snarl at him and rest my head on Jared's shoulder. With a wave of my hand, I send them back to where they belong. Back to the shadow realm. I drop to my knees, my head spinning crazily. I feel weak and shaky and just absolutely horrible. Jared pulls me to him, swinging me into his arms and holding me tightly. I'm so spent. He stands up and rests me on the couch.

"I'm gonna go get you some juice sweetheart," he says, stroking my hair from my eyes. I nod sleepily and I don't know what happens after that, because I pass out on the couch.

---------
AN
Hey guys, sorry for the slow updates, I do sports and have a lot of homework so I can't update as much as I'd like to. And I know this chapter is a bit short, I promise the next one will be longer.

XOXO Kristy