Chapter 1

Michael awoken at the blaring sound that was emitted from his alarm clock. He sat up groggily and pounded his hand against the off button, making the annoying sounds stop. Stumbling out of the comfort of his bed, he made his way towards the small closet beside his drawers. Michael grabbed a shirt that read 'Let's Play' on the front of it in white letters. The rest of the shirt was black. He threw it on and grabbed a pair of denim skinny jeans from the drawers, and finally finished his look off with a black beanie.

Michael placed his glasses on and examined himself in the body length mirror and smirked.

"Damn, I actually look fucking decent for once." He turned and walked out of his bedroom and turned into the bathroom to brush his teeth.

Once he finished preparing himself for school, he grabbed his large, black backpack and threw it over one shoulder. Before he could walk out the door, his father stopped him in his tracks.

"Today you have to go to the public library, alright?" Michael nodded at his dad as he remembered why he wasn't to come home.

His mother was a teacher in one of the major colleges and sometimes the council had meetings at their home, so Michael had to go elsewhere so he wouldn't be a disturbance. His father pat him on the shoulder and unblocked his path. Michael walked outside and began walking in the direction of his bus stop when a familiar voice called him.

"Yo! Michael, wait up, will ya?!" He turned around to face one of his best friends, Ray.

Ray had short, black hair that was shaved on either side of his head. He wore a causal t-shirt that read 'YOLO, right?' across it, and a pair of black skinny jeans. Glasses lay casually on his nose and a large grin plastered on his face.

"So, are you ready for the first day of 12th grade?" He lets out a chuckle and Michael just laughs.

Of course not, he hates school in general.

"No! You fucking know I hate school you asshole!" Michael pushed Ray playfully and they continued walking towards their bus stop.

On their walk, Ray took out his schedule. "Hey, let's see if we have any classes together. Last year we only had two damn classes with each other. Luckily, I had Geoff in most of my classes or I would have shot myself, else-wise!" Ray said with a chuckle.

Michael let out a small laugh and took out his schedule and handed it to Ray, who scanned both of the papers.

"Yes! We have Homeroom, Math, Science, an English together! Fuck yeah!" Ray was smiling from ear to ear as he handed Michael back his schedule.

It was great they had classes together for once. As they both approached the bus stop, Michael's eyes scanned over the small crowd of people. Everyone seemed familiar from last year except for one new guy who stood slightly away from the crowd. He had wheat colored hair, green eyes, a rather large nose, and his hair stuck out in awkward ways. The boy was wearing tan cargo shorts with a blue t-shirt.

The usual, thought Michael to himself. It didn't seem like Michael was the only one who was examining the new student, Ray was eyeing him down like food, then looked at Michael.

"Who's he?" Whispered Ray, but the only response from Michael was a shrug from his shoulders.

After a few more minutes of waiting and chatting, the yellow bus pulled up to pick up the students. Everyone piled onto the bus, the new kid being last onto the bus. Michael and Ray made their way to the back of the bus where their friend waited for them.

" 'Sup dickheads!" Shouted Geoff, as Ray and Michael sat across from him.

In the two seats in front of the three, sat Ryan and Jack. They turned around and said hello to both of them before carrying on with their conversation. The boy with the sandy hair sat towards the front, alone. Michael and Ray seemed to forget about him as they chattered with their friends all the way to school.

---------------------------------------------

The bell rang as Ray and Michael raced down the hallways, turning into room 203, homeroom. The sat towards the back, and prayed for them to not have assigned seats. Luckily, the teacher told the class they could sit where they wanted as long as the class all behaved and listened to the announcements. After the morning announcements had ended, Ray turned to Michael.

"What the hell, why are you reading a book?!" Rays looked at him, shocked.

Michael was leaning over, his nose buried into a small book. Usually Michael slacks off with school stuff. Michael let a chuckle escape his lips as he leaned towards Ray, revealing his iPhone.

"Dumbass, I'm texting Geoff. He seems pretty upset about his homeroom." Michael looked down at his pone as he received another message from his friend.

New Message: Geoff

Well, fuck you too. You're damn sure lucky to have Ray in your class! I have nobody I know in my class!

Sent Message: Michael

Ha! Hope you enjoy your homeroom, you'll be having the same homeroom all year!

Michael didn't have enough time to open the new text from Geoff because the first period bell had rung. Ray and Michael both went opposite ways, waving a goodbye to each other. Michael walked down the long corridor and turned in a room with a sign stating, 'American History'. As he entered, he scanned the faces and noticed Geoff, who was sitting in the back. Michael took a seat to the left of him and smirked.

"So, how was homeroom?" A laugh escaped his mouth as Geoff punched his shoulder.

"Terrible! All I have in my room is a bunch of fucking nerds!" Michael opened his mouth to say something, but closed it as the teacher cleared her throat and began class.

She started talking about the subjects we were going to learn this year, and then started going around the room and asking people their names. Michael glanced to his left, and saw the mysterious boy who was at his bus stop this morning. He sat there, looking around cautiously, as if someone was going to punch him. The teacher got around, and finally smiled down at the new kid.

"Oh! Everyone! I forgot that we have a new student this year! Please, stand up and tell us your name!" Michael watched as he stood up, a small blush creeping onto his face.

"U-Um hello..." Suddenly, Michael got annoyed. He had a dumb British accent.

"Well, what's your name?" The teacher kindly asked again. "I-I'm Gavin. Gavin Free."