Somebody That I Used to Know

Start from the beginning

Ratchet had an evil hint in his eyes, "Well, that's certainly an point of perspective. But I came by to say hi, I didn't mean to "ruin" your date." Ratchet turned to leave, but he reached inside his pocket. He retrieve an sparkling necklace, it was an diamond jewel. "Oh Cappy I still have your necklace, you left it in my car the last time we spoke." Her eyes widened, she stood up and snatched the jewel from his hand, shoving it in her pocket. "Look I don't know what you are trying to achieve here Ratchet but your tactics are clearly not working." She grabbed the bowling ball, "Now I was having a great time with Rodney, is it too hard to leave us alone?" Ratchet smirked, "Of course not. Whatever the lady wants, the lady gets."

At last he turned around and started to walk away, "See you around lovebirds." Cappy glared at the retreating form of Ratchet, her grip on the bowling ball harden. "Are you alright Cappy?" She didn't respond, she instead rolled the ball, causing it to get a strike. "I am now." I thought about my earlier encounter with Loretta, she said her last boyfriend was basically a womanizer, and that's what Ratchet is. Could Ratchet be the one Loretta was referring to? Maybe that's how he had her necklace. "Rodney. Rodney!" I looked towards her, "I'm sorry what were you saying?" She chuckled, "It's your turn, keep daydreaming like that and this game is in the bag."

The ride back was awkward, all that could be heard was the sound of the radio. I wanted to talk but there were no words that could come to mind. The song playing didn't make it better, Gotye I love you, but you're song "Somebody I used to know" is not helping.

I decided to change the station, I'm so glad I did that, we sang to old songs. It started with "Yeah!" by Usher Feat Ludacris and Lil Jon, "Temperature" by Sean Paul and much more. Cappy was dying laughing when I sang Britney Spears "...Baby One More Time". "Why are you laughing, it's an classic song from the 90s." She still laughed, "I just can't imagine an 18 year old singing to Britney Spears." "If you think that's funny, you should have seen Fender dancing to her song. He definitely knows how to dance, if you ever get into a dance competition with him, I hope you bring your A game." Her laugh, it's so beautiful, she laughed so much that she started to cry.

As I pulled up in the parking lot, I shivered, uh oh. My shivers are never a good sign, most of the time they happen right now or later in the week. My shivers are the equivalent to Spider-Man's spider senses. "I'm sorry Rodney, if I knew you were that cold, I would have turned off the air a long time ago." "What? Oh yeah, I was a little cold but it's ok. It's not like I'm dead." I said, hoping to sound casual, but I could even hear it in my voice. I knew she didn't believe me, but she didn't question further.

We arrived at her dorm, she was the first to speak. "I had a great time tonight Rodney." I let out an sigh, "I'm sorry Cappy." Her face changed into confusion. "If I knew he was gonna be there, I would have picked another place to go to." She let out an disappointed sigh, "It's not your fault, you can't change someone's feelings' towards a certain person." She's not wrong. "Hey, are we still on for tomorrow night?" She asked, "Yes we are, I hope Outback Steakhouse is alright with you?" Cappy smiled, "It's fine, it's actually one of my favorite places to eat at." She looked into my eyes after she said that, and I to her. We started to move closer to each other, she closed her eyes and I did to. I could feel her breath on my lips. "Wow Rodney you're right on time, it's exactly 10 o'clock on the dot! I think I should start taking you seriously now." Loretta leaned against the door, wearing an completely black outfit. I knew she was gonna change for the day, but I wasn't expecting her to dress like this.

We pulled away, blushing like mad men, Cappy turned to Loretta. Not having any of hey crap, "Retta what did I tell you about snooping behind people's backs?" Loretta smirked, "You said it's rude but under the right circumstances it's ok. And this situation is fine to observe because I wanted to make sure that Roderick wasn't making you uncomfortable." "On the contrary Loretta, I was very comfortable, until you interrupted us." Loretta merely shrugged her shoulders, "Oh well, I was just watching over you. That's what friends are for. You know the old saying, sisters before misters. Now come inside Cappy, it's getting late. You need you're beauty sleep." Cappy rolled her eyes, she turned back to me. "I'm so sorry, my "mother" has yet to comprehend the word privacy." I let out an chuckled, "I understand, my mother is constantly embarrassing me in front of people."

Cappy chuckled as well, before she left into her room, she gave an kiss on my cheek. My cheeks fluttered red, but it was soo worth it. Her lips are so sweet and soft. Cappy smiled at my blush, "I'll see you tomorrow Rodney." She entered her room, I couldn't help but smile sheepishly. "Keep treating her right and you'll get more of those Rodney." Apparently Loretta was still at the door and witness the whole thing. "Your did pretty good with the bowling game, of course no one expected Ratchet to appear out of nowhere." My eyes poped open, how in the world did she- "As I said earlier, I'm always watching you. I got eyes and ears every where." With that said, Loretta closed her door. I was left with my thoughts. Maybe she was the reason my shivers occurred. But I don't believe that, it must be something else. As much as I don't want it to be. I shrugged and left to my room.

I opened the door to my dorm, it revealed an Fender trying to sleep. "Hey Rodney you're back, how did it go?" I smiled, "It went great." I said as I changed in the bathroom. "Well it appears that the both of us had a great day. Today I met the most beautiful red haired girl. She was amazing, beautiful and so cute when she gets frustrated." I left the bathroom, I was now in a white v-neck shirt and baby blue shorts. "I'm happy for your Fender." I pulled the covers to my chest, my eyes closing as sleep was drawing me closer. "Goodnight Rodney." "Goodnight Fender." That night, I feel asleep with a smile on my face.