Chapter 1 Has The Time Come?

The song at the top is just what I was listening to while writing this. Sooo anyways, carry on!

Edited- 3/5/17

Edited Again- 8/27/18

-*-*-*--*-*-*--*-*-*--*-*-*--*-*-*--*-*-*--*-

I lay in my bed and gaze up at the ceiling, the only sounds I can hear are my breathing, my heartbeat, and the sound of robotic thumps against the wooden floor. My mother currently has the collar that erases my quirks in her possession, so now I have to deal with the robots she's made as a backup plan.

Sighing softly to myself, I sit up on my bed and bring my gaze towards the only window in my room that's covered by wooden boards. I've lost count as to what time of the day it is but judging by the faint sunlight that just barely streams in through the cracks of the boards on my window, I can tell it's somewhat midday. Soon enough, one of the robots will arrive to give me my food, and when that happens I'll put my plan into action.

I'm finally going to escape from this place.

I purposely made the collar malfunction with a small army knife I found on the forest floor, by jamming the tip of it inside. Since I found it on the floor in a forest, the knife itself is pretty rusty, but I managed to make it work. When my mother decides to let me out, we go to the forest so she can test my new abilities. I don't know much about her, but what I do know is that she use to be a very important scientist and that she now spends her time taking her anger out on me.

But, despite how she treats me, she still allows me to get my education here at home, and I read what I can in the forest, where I find all kinds of books and newspapers thrown around.

I shake my head and pull my thoughts back to the present before jumping off my bed and wrapping my arms around my chest in an attempt to calm my racing heart.

Come on Suna, now isn't the time to get distracted. That machine will be here soon, and that's when I'll need to act.

Smacking my cheeks once, I quickly move towards the corner of the room and hide behind the door, right when the robot enters the room. I cringe as I watch it's gleaming red robotic eyes wander around the room, no doubt searching for me. The machine is made to look human, but since its skin isn't completed yet, all I see is a face half human and half metal.

I quiet my breathing so as to not alert it to my presence, my hands sweating furiously and my heart pounding loudly. I can only pray the robot can't hear it. Pushing myself farther into the corner of the door, I watch as the robot pushes the door close with one hand before walking over towards my bed to place my food tray on my night table. Quickly and quietly, I reach to try and grab the door and keep it from closing, but the anxiety and fear of the entire situation has my hands shaking so much that the knob slips from my fingers and the door shuts with a loud click following right after. I wince at how loud the sound is, clenching my fists so that I don't instinctively take a deep breath to calm myself. I nervously glance over to the robot, who hadn't reacted to the noise at all. Taking out the knife from my pocket with shaky hands, I force my body to move through the fear and lunge towards the machine.

Before it has any time to react, I drive the knife straight into the back of its neck, a spot I know is its weak point since I had accidentally seen my mother putting it together, while another one of her machines was escorting me to my room.

The thing lets out a small robotic cry, and just before it collapses onto the floor, I wrap my arms around it and lift it up as best as I can to prevent a loud thud that might alert my mother. I carefully place the heavy robot on the ground and remove the knife from it's neck, watching as sparks fly from the wound. I jump back from it and breath a shaky sigh, bringing my hand up to brush my bangs away from my sweaty forehead before moving to the door which I had stupidly let go of. Frowning, I place my hand over the knob and twist it only to find it locked like I expected it to be. Well, there goes plan A.