Chapter 8: My Four Recipes

CHANDRIA'S POV:

Natapos ko ang dalawang recipe na matagal ko nang pinagplanuhan, and thankfully, maganda naman ang resulta at base naman sa lasa, masarap naman. Sinadya kong dinamihan ang mga niluto ko upang may makain pa iyong iba at matikman nila yung mga niluluto ko.

Ever since I was tasked to cook dinner, itong recipe na ito una kong naisip bago yung dalawa na nauna. Ang pangatlong recipe ko ay Crispy Fish Fillet with Egg Rice. Nasubukan kong niluto ito dato at napakasarap nito. Though, unofficial iyong mga names ng mga pagkain ko, everything just taste delicious. This dish is by far the only dish that takes less time. Simply mixing white rice with eggs and flavoring it with a pinch of black pepper and a single finger flick of salt is enough to enhance the flavor of the egg.

Since using onion and garlic makes the egg rice heavy to the taste, I decided to add a little white wine for slight acidity to cut down the heavy flavor of the egg rice. After frying the egg rice with palm oil, until pale yellow to Golden brown, I added a little scallion for garnish.

As for the fish, I decided to use salmon. As the pan is smoking hot, I added a dab of butter followed by rosemary to enhance salmon's aroma and as well as for it to be gentle in taste. That alone took about five minutes, so what's left is only the plating.

I took four bowls and plated the freshly cooked egg rice inside, topped with the salmon. The crispy skin salmon is garnished with parsley. After finishing the plating, I stared at it proudly. Damn, it looks so good, definitely the taste is leagues better.

The last recipe is by far the only food I planned that takes longer to make. Though, paborito ko pagkain na ito napakahirap naman gawin. The dish is simply named as Fried Rice with little Siomais on top, this dish is inspired somewhere(if you know what I mean) but I altered the recipe a little and made a different dish out of it.

The siomai is supposedly very small, like the size of your nose hole but that would take quite some time so I made it a little bigger than usual since making a small siomai by hand would take me hours to make. I prepped the ingredients for the fried rice. The fried rice is made out with rice and cube-sliced meat, flavored with salt and soy sauce.

While the siomai was hand-made, I made quite a lot and had it steamed for about 15-20 minutes. In the process of steaming, I made a specially made chili sauces, garlic-chili sauce and sweat and sour-chili sauce.

Then again, kumuha ako ng bowl at nilagay doon iyong fried rice ko, I topped it with the freshly steamed and fried siomais and I added poached egg for garnish.

Finally, the dishes are all done and what's left are the desserts, since I have little time left before dinner, I decided on a simply made desserts. Cappuccino Ice Cream topped with Pudding is a good pair with the foods I made.

Pumunta ako sa gawi ng refrigerator at nakita ko doon ang cappuccino ice cream, gusto ko na sanang gumawa ng pudding pero may nakita ako sa ref kaya yun na lang ang ginamit ko.

Madali lang ang paghahanda ng ice cream kaya mabilis ko naman itong natapos, nilagay ko na muna sa ref baka matunaw iyong ice cream.

As for the second and last dessert, napag-isipan kong gumawa ng Chocolate Berry Cake. Napatingin ako sa wall clock at nanlaki ang mata ko nang makita kong malapit na pala ang dinner ng hari, reyna at ng mga prinsepe.

Mabilis kong gumawa lahat, I baked the chocolate cake batter for about thirty minutes, while baking, hinanda ko na ang strawberry as the cake's exterior design at tsaka naghalo na din ako para sa strawberry frosting ng cake. Pagkatapos kong ginawa iying strawberry frosting, sakto naman na natapos nabake iyong cake batter at agad pinaganda ang cake gamit Ang frosting, strawberries and sprinkles.