The Arrival

Me,my family, and my friend finally made it to the gates of Alexandria late one afternoon. We were tired and sick of traveling. "What are we going to do know Rachael?" asked Autumn, my younger sister of 13. I was 16 at the time.
"I'm not sure Autumn, let me think," I replied, trying not to snap at her. The truth was, the people behind the gates of Alexandria had no idea that we would show up. But I prayed that they would let us in.
The sound of creaking metal broke me from my thoughts. The gates are opening! I shrieked with joy in my head as I felt a wave of relief pass over me. "Rachael, look!" shouts my best friend Sophia.
I turn my eyes away from the slowly opening gates to see a small herd of walkers heading toward us. "Everyone, get behind me and Sophie!" I shout back as me and Sophie stand in front of our group and pull out our guns to take out the walkers. 
     After a couple second of shooting, I heard a low voice shout to us, "Hurry, get in!"  I took one last shot before racing after my friend and sister through the gates. Once I was inside and the gates where closed, I searched the growing crowd for the person with the low voice.
     I was about to give up searching when I heard the same voice behind me, "What's you name?"  I spin around on my heels to see a tall, gruff looking man looking at me. "I'm Rachael, and this is my sister, Autumn," I replied, gesturing to my red-headed younger sister. The strange man didn't seem to notice that Autumn was there, instead he asked me, "How many walkers have you killed?".  "Um...at least two dozen," I reply, a little confused.
     "How many people have you killed?" he asks, his second question.  "None," I reply, horrified on the inside. His last question was, "Why?" 
     "Because I never had I reason to kill anyone." I said softly. The mans gaze softened and he nodded his head slowly, as if he was having a hard time thinking whether or not to let me and my party of people stay.
     "Rachael," he started slowly, " welcome to Alexandria, my name is Rick,".
----------------------------------------------
Hey guys!! This is my first fanfiction and I hope you all enjoy it. This first couple chapter will be intro chapters so hang in there, the exciting stuff will come soon.
See you later!👍😀