37

"Hey. Come in."

"Hi princesa."

"..."

"Forehead kisses are really nice."

"Good to know. So where is your dad?"

"Hello. I'm Don Griffin."

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Griffin."

"You to. So you play soccer?"

"Yes I do, I have ever since I was four."

"You're good then?"

"I would think so."

"I am going to go check on the food."

"Are you using my daughter? I hate to ask it but she has been through a lot and the last thing she needs is a guy using her. I haven't been the best father to her but I am trying to be a good one now."

"Sir, I would never use your daughter. I genuinely care about her and I hope our relationship lasts for a very long time."

"Stay true to word kid. And call me Don."

"Hey. The food is ready."

***

"You definitely weren't lying when you said you made bomb Italian food."

"Um duh. Obviously I wasn't lying stupid head."

"Layla be nice."

"Dad, this is how our relationship works. We are both dorks and we don't take the comments to heart."

"Yeah, you learn to get used to a little turd. Plus, she wouldn't be Layla with her comments."

"That's the truth. She gets it from her mother. I swear, those two were two peas in a pod."

"Well you and her raised an amazing daughter."

"Thank you."

"Anyone want dessert? I think it's time for dessert. I will be back in a minute."

"Should I go check on her? She looked like she was about to cry."

"She just misses her mom but yeah go ahead and check on her. I'll clean this up."

"Princesa?"

"Hm?"

"Come here."

"Your hugs are so damn comforting."

"Well good because I plan on holding you for a very long time."

_____________________________
A/n

Thoughts on the story?