Chapter 2

Cecilia's P.O.V.

Maryse pulled me to the side of her desk and sat me in a chair before closing the door. What's going on? She came towards me and sat at her desk playing with her hands. Her black hair was loose and straight, framing her face perfectly. Her brown eyes rimmed with bags from lack of sleep. Her "tattoos" were poking out of the dress she wore. She pulled out a letter and began to read.

"Cecilia,

We're so sorry we had to leave you this way. Your a shadowhunter, and you were adopted. Your real parents were Alannah and Garrett Blueshade. Embrace your shadowhunter side and live on. Your going to be staying with the Lightwoods for now until your old enough to decide for yourself what you want. Sorry this was so brief, we didn't have much time. We love you Cilia.

Gizelle and Mark"

My eyes watered as my hands gripped to the chairs wooden seat. I looked down as a tear fell and slid down my cheek leaving a watery trail. I waited for a second before asking.

"What does it mean to be a shadowhunter?"

Ashlynn's P.O.V.

I walked into Alec's room to see Jace, Alec, and Izzy sitting on Alec's bed polishing some of their weapons. The door creaked as I shut it behind me. I leaned against it and slid to the floor. Enjoying the cold.

"Hey Lynn-" I cut Iz off holding up a finger. Before running into the bathroom and puking in the toilet. I'll spare you the details. Is came up behind me and pulled my hair back, out of my face as I continued to vomit. I quickly rinsed my mouth out and went back into the bedroom taking my spot in the ice cold floor.

"WHAT THE HECK ASHLYNN!?!?!"

I closed my eyes as I prepared myself for another lecture.

"Whatever do you mean dear brother?"

"I mean you walked in here and sat on the fldoor before you ran into the bathroom and puked. So I'm asking 'WHAT THE HECK!?!?!'"

"The test."

"What?" Jace asked. Iz looked at me knowingly and nodded her head, encouraging me to continue. I t ok a deep breath and spoke.

"I'm afraid that I'm going to fail ok. I'm afraid they won't let me be a shadowhunter because I'm not perfect. I'm not you, I'm not Alec, and I'm definitely not Izzy..." I'm to ugly to even have a similarity between her and me.  "I'm not perfect and if I don't pass they won't let me be a shadowhunter ok!" I stood up and looked over my shoulder. "Come help me set up Cecilia's room.

****2 years later****

"Be my parabatai Cilia, please."

----------A/N-----------

Ok so this chapter was completely written by me because I was bored and I remembered I had to update something and Nina wasn't there so..... yeah. Sorry if it sucked we're still trying to get the book on track aka finding what the Fuck the story is going to be about, how it's going to end, if there is going to be a sequel, that kind of stuff. 

And now to actually discussing the book. So Ashlynn isn't comfortable with herself even though she is very beautiful and perfect and "like a princess" because I wanted her to be one of those people who have a really deep backstory and shit.

 I'll probably update again today or sometime this week because i have no life! 😝