Chapter 18:

Irene's POV:
After escaping from the cake shop, Taehyung and I decided to grab lunch and take a rest at a nearby mall after that crazy incident.

We got into the restaurant and as we settled down, a waitress came and greet us.

"Welcome to the cube restaurant! Here are your menus," she smiled as she handed us the two lists.

"Just a small reminder for you guys, we are having a special Valentine's offer for couples," she paused and looked at us.

Why is she telling us that? Wait......

"As long as you guys are willing to take a picture at that corner and post hashtag #cubevalentines , you will be able to enjoy a 25% discount on your meal!"

As I was about to tell her about our relationship, Taehyung snapped out of nowhere and said, "Yeah sure, we'll take the offer."

What? I slowly turned towards him, raising my eyebrows with my mouth slightly open. What's that supposed to mean?

He chuckled a bit and gave me a small smirk, standing up while offering me a hand, leading me to the corner the lady was mentioning before.

At the corner, words saying "Happy Valentine's day" were hung on the wall, tiny red, pink hearts glimmered as they covered the background, creating a really romantic scene. A few small props were lying on the table next to it, making the whole corner more like a small photo booth.

I was quite nervous for some reason, I know this is for the discount, but why am I so nervous but excited about it?

I gasped as I came to a conclusion, does that mean that I really like him?

I felt my heart rate started to increase rapidly, beating so quickly that I didn't realise Taehyung have stopped and faced me, making me bumping into him.

Once again, he balanced me by grabbing my arms, pulling me close as he did so.

He looked at me as he chuckled, "Why are you always so clumsy," he pretended to think as he let out an exclamation, "Oh, or did you do that on purpose to get close with me?"

I quickly blushed as I denied, "N-n-no w-why would I do that?" Ugh why do I blush so easily, I can even feel the heat up to my ears.

He smiled softly, lips raised forming a perfect curve, as he looked right into my eyes, his eye contact was so strong that words could not explain, filled with emotions that I would never know what it means.

Taehyung's POV:

Irene is so cute. How did she manage to be so cute all the time?

"Sir," She is so pretty today, without even trying.

"Sir," I'm so glad that I asked her out today.

"Sir," Ah, I hope this moment can last forever.

"Taehyung ah," Irene suddenly said as she tapped me.

"What is it sweetie," I said as I softly caressed her face.

My sight followed where she was pointing, and a waiter stood in place. "Sorry to ruin the moment sir, but you still haven't given us your phone."
Oh well, now that's awkward.

I cleared my throat and handed my phone to the waiter, while Irene on the other side let out a small giggle.

I stared at the still chuckling girl, while she was trying to suppress her laugh.

"Why were you spacing out just then," Irene said as she rested her head on her palm, pretending to think, "Oh is it because I'm too attractive for you too handle?"