one.

*This story may be triggering to some. Read with caution if you're triggered by death, suicide, depression, anxiety, and so on and so forth*

It was nearly two a.m. when he found him.

Mark was up late on his computer, just trying to find more games to play, to record, and upload eventually.

He couldn't sleep.

He had to use the restroom, so he got up, and went to the closest one.

The sight he saw made his life completely change. That split second just destroyed him.

There was one of his roommates, also a best friend, lying on the floor, unconscious.

"Oh my god, Jack!" Mark shouted. He fell to the floor and lifted Jack so he was sitting up, shaking him. Jack's eyes were closed. He wasn't moving.

"Jack, no, no," Mark said, "No, no, no, no, no."

Mark tried to make out a pulse. There was none. Mark knew that Jack was gone.

Sobs echoed throughout the house. Matt and Ryan woke up from Mark.

Ryan was the first to wake up. He walked quickly to where he heard Mark's sobs.

He saw what was before him. Mark was hugging Jack's lifeless body and was sobbing, "He can't be gone. He can't be dead."

"Oh my god," Ryan said before breaking down.

Mark looked up at Ryan, truly broken, still grasping onto Jack's cold body.

Matt's footsteps were heard soon enough. Once he got to the bathroom, he sounded worried as he asked, "What happened?"

Then he looked down at the floor at the sight, "Oh my god..."

{*****}

After an ambulance was called, the paramedics were picking up Jack and putting him on a stretcher.

"I don't want to leave him..!" Mark said to them.

"I'm sorry," Was all they said before they took Jack's cold, dead body to the hospital.

The three roommates stayed home. Mark was the most upset out of the three.

He went to his bedroom and lay down. He wasn't tired, though. He didn't sleep.

He stared at the ceiling, feeling empty inside. Jack was his best friend, and now he was gone.

Mark wanted so badly to talk to him; to go to his room and see that he was okay, but he wasn't, and there wasn't really anything anyone could've done about it.

Jack seemed like such a happy person, though. Mark didn't think Jack would ever do such a thing, especially with having such a big YouTube channel.

Mark decided to make a quick vlog and tell everyone about what happened, though there had already been word that something was wrong, because Jack had missed a scheduled upload the day before. His uploads were never late.

Though, Jack did tweet that everything was fine. He said he loved his fans. His subscribers. His supporters. Everyone that'd had an impact on his life, he thanked.

Mark went to his computer after getting up, and sat at the desk.

He turned on the camera and began recording.

"Hello, everybody," Mark said in a very unenthusiastic tone, "My name is Markiplier, and I have some very pertinent information to something that's happened..."

He sighed, tears already threatening to fall, "Jacksepticeye, one of my closest friends, is gone," He began crying, "He was such a great friend, and I can't believe he's gone, b-because I cared about him a lot. He was one of my best friends, and I... I'm going to miss him a lot. I already do..."

Mark broke off sobbing. He turned off his camera.

He decided against uploading that recording. He decided against uploading videos at all for a while.

He opened Twitter once he had calmed down, and tweeted:

"Hey guys. I won't be uploading videos for a while because of some things that have come up recently. Everything's fine. More information may come sooner or later."

But everything wasn't fine. Mark knew.

The replies came quickly, some talking about Jack, asking if he was okay, others saying other random things that didn't apply to the tweet or situation whatsoever.

Instead of going through the replies, he closed out of Twitter, minimized the other tabs that were important, and locked his computer.

He walked back to his bed and lay down once more. He eventually cried himself to sleep.