You Will Be The Death of Me ( Draco Malfoy Fanfiction) Ch 37

Start from the beginning

"Don't lie to me, Crabbe told me everything."

"Ohh so the pig squealed eh?" he asks.

I let him go but push him as I do, "Why Blaise, why would you do that?"

"Why do you care, you won didn't you?" he asks standing up, "Did you shag her?"

"Watch it," I warn him.

"Oh, did you have a soft spot for the girl?' he questions me, "Was you in love with her or something?"

I try to control my temper that was fixing to explode; I wanted to rip his head off.

"You placed the bet Draco," he states.

"I know but Blaise...." I could get the words to come out of my mouth.

"You fell in love with her," he says for me, "Tell me Draco, how did it feel to lose her?" he asks me.

"What?" I question wondering why he would ask me that.

"Did it hurt?" he asks crossing his arms.

I look at him unbelievingly, "Is that what you wanted Blaise, for me to be hurt by this?"

"I wanted you to feel how everyone feels, the people you hurt, the people you mess with," he explains as he starts to pace back and forth, "You went and messed with Jade," he says growing angrier, "You knew how I felt about her and that didn't stop you so yes, I want you to feel what it is like to be hurt. To let you see how it feels to have someone take something from you that you really like."

His words went right through me, I did hurt him, I hurt a lot of people over the years.

"I apologize if I hurt you Blaise," I say causing him to look at me astonished.

"Are you serious? What the hell has gotten into you Draco, has she really turned you soft?" he asks me.

"I don't know," I tell him truthfully, "But I do know I want her back."

It wasn't a want though; it was more if a need. I needed her with me. I couldn't be without her and I was going to do whatever it took to get her back

******************************************************

Leianna...

I was reluctant to go to my classes. Just the thought of everyone knowing about the incident with Draco had me completely embarrassed. After much assurance from Hermione and Ginny, I reluctantly went. Surprisingly no one mentioned it, and luckily, Draco never came into contact with me.

George also was acting like a personal body guard which might be the reason he hadn't attempted to talk to me. Anywhere I went that he could be with me, he was there and when it wasn't him it was Hermione. I was never alone anymore and, in a way, I liked it. I didn't need time to myself, I didn't want to have time to retreat back in my mind. I cried a lot less this way.

"So how were your classes?" George asks as we walk towards the Great Hall for dinner.

"They were okay I guess."

"Don't let her lie, she passed Umbridge's quiz with the highest grade," Hermione tells him, "At least that's what I heard."

"Anyone could pass that mad woman's tests," I explain.

"Take a compliment love," George says bumping my shoulder.

I smile even though it wasn't real.

"Will you please cheer up?" Hermione asks, "I'm tired of you being so depressed."

"Like I want to," I reply looking at her. I knew she meant well and she honestly didn't like seeing me like this, but it's not like I choose to be this way.

We enter into the Great Hall and before I could stop myself I look over at the Slytherin table. Draco sat among his friends. I felt my eyes water as I took in his appearance. He had one hand placed against his head while he had a fork in hand with the other. He was fiddling with his food making no attempt to eat. What really had me on the verge of tears was how miserable he looked. Well at least that's what I thought it looked like.

His face held no emotion. Finally as if sensing my staring he looks up and our eyes lock. I wanted to turn and run, to escape the emotions that I began feeling.

"I'm not hungry," I say out loud, "I think I will go on up to the common room."

"Well I will come with you," George replies.

"No," I say flatly as I pull my eyes from looking at Draco, "You two go on and eat something, I'll be ok," I assure them.

Looking up at George I could tell he was uncertain "Go," I demand why smiling up at him.

He looks at Hermione as if to mentally ask her if she thinks it will be okay.

"We will be up as soon as we are done," she says to me, "Come on George," she adds pushing at his shoulder.

When they were a good distance from me I glance back over at Draco. He still was staring at me.

I turn and walk away, I had to or he would see the tears that began to form in my eyes. I couldn't' help it; it came naturally when I thought of him.

I start up the stairs towards the Gryffindor Tower and luckily no one paid any attention to me. I would have been embarrassed if someone saw me like this.

I hug my arms and continue, that is until I heard a specific someone call my name. I stop but I don't turn to him, I couldn't.

"I need to talk to you," Draco says, "Please, just hear me out."

I finally turn, "What Draco, what more do you have to say that I already don't know?" I ask.

"Well for one I'm sorry," he states.

"You're sorry," I repeat.

"Yes, I didn't want you to find out like that," he clarifies.

"Oh... how did you want me to find out, when the school did so I could be looked at as just another pathetic girl," I say harshly.

"You're not pathetic," he argues, "And you mean something to me."

I back away from him, "I don't believe it Draco, I don't believe anything you have to say at this point."

"You know I care for you. I know your hurt but please," he starts but I stop him.

"Just leave me alone for now," I tell him, "Please."

I close my eyes to fight back more tears, "I can't.... I can't talk to you right now Draco."

I then turn and walk away from him. I couldn't deal with this just yet. I needed time.

********************************************