Chapter 18: The night of the dance and new discoveries

Start from the beginning

Sighing, I shake my head. "I'll only be gone for a couple of hours. And i'll be with Grant for just a little bit. I'll be back soon, I promise." I assure him. "I really have to go."

"Wait!" Justin grabs onto my wrist again before I can leave. He holds out his pinky and I look at in confusion before releasing he wants me to picky promise. Did he really remember that from the first time I showed it to him?

Playfully rolling my eyes at him, I take his pinky in mine and squeeze it. "Promise." I repeat before letting go.

The drive to the dance is filled with lots of chatter. Noah is getting along great with the guys and I start to feel a friendship between them coming on. 

When he get to the event, it's already packed with people. Stephanie Manor is at the entrance greeting people and she smiles brightly at our group when she sees us. "Hey, guys!" 

Once we're past the entrance, we head out onto the dance floor. I spend the night with my friends and Noah and to say it went well was an understatement. The night was going great until Brandon had a little too much to drink.

"I hate to cut the night short, but I should really take him back home. I'm sorry, Bea." Grant apologizes, looking back at his drunk best friend with a scowl on his face. Of course Brandon would get drunk at an event like this. 

"Don't worry about it." I say, not wanting to show my disappointment. Grant's a good friend, I respect him for that. I just wish Brandon hadn't gotten this drunk. 

For a second, Grant's eyes linger down to my lips and I freeze. 

Was he going to kiss me?

My mind is buzzing with different questions, but one of them are answered when he starts to lean in. 

I let out a sign of relief when his lips land on my cheek. "I'll see you later, Bea." Grant says, squeezing my hand with his own before letting go and walking over to Brandon who was leaning against the wall with the help of Noah.

Oh my god. That was a close one. As much as I liked Grant, for some reason I didn't want him to kiss me. I'm not sure why and it was starting to bug me a little bit. Was I supposed to feel relief when the guy i'm having a crush on doesn't kiss me on the lips? Shouldn't I be a little disappointed?

I shake my head from my thoughts and I turn to Jamie who was smiling at me. "Aww," She coos and I roll my eyes at her. "Come on, let's go dance."

The night eventually comes to an end and we get a ride home with a few other friends. When we get home, Noah and I part ways to our own bedrooms. 

I'm exhausted and my feet were killing me from wearing high heels for so long. 

After kicking off my heels, I unzip my dress and let it fall to the ground and have it pool around my legs. I step out of the dress and pick it up, hanging it up neatly. 

It's one A.M and I'm really not in the mood to remove my makeup so I keep it on and decide I'll have to deal with it tomorrow morning even though I know I'll probably regret it. I run my fingers through my styled hair and change into some joggers and a t shirt. 

I'm about to get into bed when I freeze, looking back to my door. Is Justin awake? My mind starts to question whether or not I should go see. I promised I'd see him after I returned, but I doubt he'd stay up all night and wait for me.

Instead of getting into bed, I go across the hall and knock very softly onto Justin's door. I get no answer. I'm about to leave when for some reason, I get an instinct to open the door anyway.

"Justin?" I whisper in a hushed tone, looking inside. 

Gasping, I open the door wider when I notice that Justin's bed is empty and looks as if it hasn't even been touched. The lights to the bathroom and walk in closet are off and he isn't dozing off the on the couch either.