Chapter 18: The night of the dance and new discoveries

Start from the beginning

When he steps into the house, I notice the small flower in his hand and blush a little. It's not the same blush I have when I'm around Justin, but it's still there.

"Hi," Grant sends me a smile.

"Hey."

Noah rolls his eyes before pretending to gag and I frown, smacking him in the arm with my purse. "Shush you." 

Dad has his camera out. "Let's take some pictures before the others arrive."

Jennifer is soon by his side. "Good idea." 

We start to take some pictures. A few are group pictures with both Noah, Grant and I, dad also takes a few pictures of just Noah, just Grant and a few of the two boys together and a few of just Noah and I. "Bea, let's take some solo pictures of you." 

I stand in the centre and smile to the camera when the door to dad's office opens and Justin exists. When his eyes land on me, he stops right in his tracks and looks me up and down.

My cheeks instantly go red and I try to stay calm. "Grant, let's get a few photos of the two of you." Dad waves my date over and Grant does as so.

As soon as Justin's eyes land on Grant, the nice look in his eyes is gone within a flash. He grits his teeth together and clenches his fists, making me frown as soon as the camera flash goes off.

"I know you might think I'm annoying sometimes, but at least pretend to like me in the pictures." Grant jokes with a laugh, but I don't laugh with him.

His eyes follow to see where I was staring at and that's when he see's a very irritated Justin. "Hey, Justin." He waves, making everyone turn around to look at the man.

"Oh Justin, where's Mr Lawfeld?" Dad asks, referring to his tutor. Justin points to the office and dad quickly hands the camera back to Jennifer before excusing himself.

He takes notice to Justin's emotion, but simply pats his shoulder, whispering something in his ear. Justin nods, keeping his eyes on me as he does so.

Grant awkwardly coughs. "So... here," He hands me the flower and I smile down at it. "Thanks. You didn't have to." 

The doorbell rings again indicating that both Jamie and Brandon, her date and Grant's best friend, have arrived. 

We continue to take a few photos, but this time as a group thing and a few of just the guys and just Jamie and I. Once the photo taking is done, we decide to head out at six thirty. 

"Crap, I left my I.D on the console." I suddenly remember, mentally face palming myself. 

"Want me to go and get it?" Both Grant and Noah offer at the same time, but I shake my head. "I'll get it." 

"Be quick." 

Nodding, I rush back inside and go to get my I.D for the dance. I take my I.D and that's when someone grabs my wrist, startling me again tonight. "Oh my god," I breath out when I see it's Justin. "You scared me there for  a second."

"S-sorry," He stutters, taking a step back.

"Something wrong?" 

He shakes his head no. "Avocado... looks," He pauses for a second, trying to find the right words. "Lovely?" He says, almost questioning if he said the word right.

Smiling, I look down my I.D which is now in my hand. "Thank you, Justin." 

Looking back up, I see Justin already slightly smiling at me. 

"I have to go,"

He frowns. "Leave Justin for Grant?" He says Grant's name with spite, making me knit my brows together.