Chapter 34. Family

Start from the beginning

"Aaaw! That's so cute!" Luke crowed while some of the boys just smirked at us.

Just as I was about to open my mouth to respond to him Dr. Roberts entered the room, followed by a tired looking, but clearly happy Dr. Sean.

We all quieted immediately.

Dr. Roberts smiled at us. "Everything is going to be okay, boys." He winked at me, making me giggle. "And girls, of course."

"Victor has woken up," Sean said. "And albeit tired and suffering from a concussion as well as some bruises from the scuffle, he and Gabriel are going to be okay." He smiled at me then. "They both want to see you, Pookie."

Silas let me down from my perch in the Silas-three and I went with Sean to where he said Gabriel and Victor were.

Entering the hospital room I spotted the two beds, but only one was occupied.

I frowned at that and walked over to Victor. He'd had his eyes closed when I entered the room, but when I approached his bed they opened and he stared at me with subdued fire eyes.

"Victor." I said, stepping closer and running my fingers lightly through his brown hair. "Sweetheart, how are you feeling?" I asked, trying to keep my voice soft and comforting, not allowing it to tremble or myself to fall apart like I wanted to.

This wasn't the time for crying yet.

"Princess..." he said, his voice rough. He coughed and I went to fetch him a cup of water.

Helping he drink a little I asked "Where is Gabriel?" I couldn't help looking around worriedly.

He smiled at me, "He went to the bathroom to clean and fix himself. You know Gabe, can't stand to look disheveled. Especially when he heard you were coming to see us." He laughed and the sound was music to my ears.

I felt tears gather in my eyes and in a desperate attempt to keep control over them I leaned down and kissed him.

At the first taste of his lips, thought, I broke and started to kiss him desperately, my fingers holding onto his hair.

He was surprised at first, but soon caught on and kissed me with the same intensity I was showing him, our lips mending together, tongues tasting, teeth biting.

I couldn't get enough of him and was a thread away from getting into that bed with him.

His grunt of pain when I accidentally touched the bump on his head made me jump back.

Breathing heavily I found that I was speechless, without knowing what to say now that I had practically attacked him on his sick bed.

I blushed at the thought.

His chuckle drew my attention back to Victor. He smiled at me and raised his hand for me to take it.

I went to him without hesitation, taking his hand in mine and interlacing our fingers together.

His fire eyes looked like a furnace now, the heat in it warming me from the inside out.

He took a deep breath, as if bracing himself for something, and then simply blurted "I love you, Princess."

We both blushed.

I smiled at him. Victor loved me! I had dreamed of it but wasn't sure I dared to hope. To have the love of all of these wonderful boys was too good to be true and I never had so much luck in my life before.

I wasn't sure I trusted this lucky streak I had gotten suddenly.

Pushing away that depressing thought I leaned down and kissed him again, before murmuring against his lips "I love you, too, Sweetheart."

......

My hair looked like a nest and there was no way in hell I was going to appear in front of Trouble looking like this if I could fucking help it.

Finished with washing it quickly using one of the shampoos I had stored in Dr. Green's office. I styled it as well as I could and was about to go back to mine and Victor's room when Trouble herself entered the bathroom.

If my hair had looked like a bird's nest, hers was even worse and my hands itched to get into it.

Still, she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen in my life. And this beautiful girl had walked through fire for him.

The thought boggled the mind, but it also gave him a confidence he'd never felt before. There was strange feeling of safety in knowing that she truly loved him that much and it made all the fears that his insecurity bred, bleed away.

"Get that cute, little ass over here, Trouble." I told her and she obeyed with a knowing smirk on her face, accompanied by a blush.

I waited for her to move closer to the sink and stepped behind her observing her reflection in the mirror.

She looked completely spent, her normally bright green eyes, dull and tired. I knew then that she'd reached her breaking point hours before and was still pushing it. The girl needed a break. A breath of fresh air.

Thinking of that I didn't start on her hair, like I had planned, but instead I moved my hands to her back and began massaging firmly.

At first she jumped, startled, but soon her muscles started to relax under my hands and she leaned against the sink, her hands holding herself. She'd closed her eyes and moaned as I went on with my ministrations.

Once she relaxed completely I told her to lean down and started washing her hair.

I was almost done when her body started to shake lightly and I saw she'd started to cry. Reaching for the towel I pulled her against me and let her cry all over my t-shit while I tenderly dried her hair.

She needed to let these emotions out so she could rest.

Dropping the now wet towel on the floor I wrapped my arms tightly around her tiny body and lifted her from the floor, walking towards mine and Victor's room. Inside, Victor was already asleep, but I knew a nurse would come to wake him up in a couple of hours again.

Laying Trouble in my bed I waited until she situated herself before laying down beside her and pulling her to me, keeping our bodies plastered to each other.

It had been a long night for them both and now he just wanted to take a nap with his little troublemaker.

"I love you, Meanie." She mumbled against his chest, already half-asleep from exhaustion.

I sucked in a breath, my heart thudding rapidly in my chest, that ridiculous feeling of happiness and safety spreading through me again. "I was born just so I could hear those words, Trouble." I told her sleeping form.

Tomorrow would be a new day. With new possibilities, new adventures, new dangers. But I wasn't afraid, because as long as I had her by my side, we'd find a way.

AN:1707 words

Alright, this is the last one for today, I still need to finish the others for tomorrow ;)