Cave In

ALL RIGHTS TO THE CHARACTERS (EXCEPT MOLLY) AND SETTING BELONGS TO Rachel Caine and HER MORGANVILLE VAMPIRE SERIES!!!

Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What the hell am I doing here? I don't belong here... I don't care if it hurts... I want to have control... I want a perfect body, I want a perfect soul. I want you to notice, when I'm not around, so fucking special, I wish I was special, but I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo.

I was humming along to the song when a deep voice said, "What can I get you?" I didn't flinch, I simply looked up from my book. There, next to me was a tall man in hippy-like attire with slightly graying hair that was pulled into a ponytail at the back of his neck.

I raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" I wasn't stupid. I knew how the town worked. Vampires amuck giving 'Protection' to humans terrified of them and of their own shadows in exchange for blood 'donations' which were really taxes. He wasn't wearing any type of bracelet showing Protection so either he was a free-be rogue or he was vamped. His eyes were a cool color and he was pale. Vamp, no matter what he gave off I could tell. He was smiling humanly and almost kindly even. "Actually, you can do me and yourself a favor and go lay out in the sun with a nice silver stake in your heart."

His little facade dropped and we was all seriousness. Heehee I love making them sweat. He took the seat in front of me and I closed my book, pushing it to the side. He stared me down. I guess trying to break me. A small part of me wanted to squirm, but I knew better.

The stare down went on for some time, neither of us giving in. That is until he finally said, "Who are you?"

"A person." I uncrossed my Gothic tights and skirt and leaned forward and crossed my arms on the table. Gotta love being a freak. I was goth yep, still am. Aside from the flaming long red hair you'd think me a whore of Satan from a glance. On a second thought, the red hair probably 'fueled' it. Ha ha, that was punny.

"Don't test me. Obviously you know you score around here. So you should know not to try games with me."

"Don't make me laugh." He was growing annoyed, only making my fun grow with it.

"Your not from here."

"Obviously. You find that out all by yourself?"

"Little girl-"

"Hold up- obviously neither of us is little."

"Your playing with fire. I courteously suggest you watch your yourself."

"It's not like I ever bought into your innocent hippy act." Ohhhh was he getting mad. Or at least more annoyed.

"Who are you and what do you know."

"I told you."

Blank.

"I'm a person who knows the score around here."

"Obviously not if your going to test my patience."

"I'm not going to test your patience."

He cocked an eyebrow.

"I'm already testing it." He growled an irritated noise. I took pity, sadly. "Molly."

"Molly?"

"Yeah. That's what I said." Again with the cocking of the eyebrow. "What?"

"Just who told you the score around here?"

"Me."

"I highly doubt that."