"Do you really think that, Spain? Or do you think I purposely like dressing like a woman purely for your own pleasure?" She questioned me. 

Nothing,  except logic, told me that this couldn't be Romano, but this was all too unbelievable. I steadied myself, regaining my posture and looking at the little Italian curl that stuck out from the left side of her hair. It was exactly like Romano's. All signs pointed that this was him. But... How? I pushed off the wall and staggered towards the woman, reaching out and touching the curl. Her eyes widened and she gasped, punching me away. Unable to regain my balance, I fell down to the floor in shock.

"C-Chigi! Don't touch there, idiot!" Her sudden outburst was all too adorable as she closed her eyes and lifted her chin away from me. Her mannerisms were exactly like Romano's. There was little doubt in my head now. This woman... She must be Romano.

"Roma... Eres hermosa," I smiled, laughing at the circumstances we found ourselves in.

"Quit laughing, you jerk face. Besides, I don't understand what you said, Spain. I speak Italian! Not Spanish." She placed her hands on her hips and bent down to look me in the eye. I grinned wider, no longer doubting that this woman had to be my Romano.

"Bella." I winked and Roma scoffed, rolling her eyes and standing up straight once more.

"Get up off the floor and cook breakfast like you promised, jerk." She sounded displeased, but a small smile tugged on the corners of her mouth. "Then we can try and talk about what the hell has happened to me."

~

"The last thing I remember last night was getting angry at your drunken ass for coming home so late. I woke up the next morning and looked in the mirror only to find I had grown tits and an ass!" Roma explained as she took a bite of the delicious churros I had made. Her face told me she enjoyed it, even if she would never admit it out loud.

I chuckled and lifted the café con leche to my lips, drinking the sweet, warm liquid happily. Roma sat in the wooden chair across from me, staring at me from behind her brown bangs. I studied her soft features, the way her hair fell on her shoulders. I still couldn't believe that this used to be my little henchmen who would always wait for me day after day during my pirate days. I guess I always kept Romano waiting for me... Even now... 

"Could you stop staring at me for one second and be useful? Any ideas on how this happened to me? It's not one of your old Spanish folklore stories, or magic, or something?" Roma turned to look out the window, watching the blue sky above. The sun was shining brightly with hardly any clouds to block the light.

With the numbing head throbbing pain still lingering, it was hard to think completely straight. "Lo siento, Roma. I can't help it. Any folklore? Nada. At least, I can't think of any off the top of my head that could change a man to a woman." I answered her honestly. She looked back at me, searching my face for some type of solution to the problem.

"I don't really like this female body. Don't get me wrong, I think I make a pretty gorgeous girl. But I much rather prefer being a man." Roma raised an eyebrow at me, rolling the sugary treat between her thumb and index finger. "So Spain, what are you going to do to help me get my old body back?" 

I grinned widely, thinking of all the possible things I could say. Did I want to be sweet? Or did I want to be more humorous? Leaning back in my chair, I stared Roma in her hazel eyes and said, "I think I actually like this new body better. Estás muy atractiva." With a wink, I gestured towards Roma's significantly predominant chest. 

Roma's face contorted into that of disgust and rage, her eyebrows furrowing angrily as her face reddened slightly. "Wouldn't it be a shame if your body changed, too, Spain?" She questioned as she showed me the churro she held, taking a huge bite of the churro in an intimidating manner. I knew exactly what she was trying to get across.

"I'm kidding! I'm kidding! Let's not get too hasty here, Roma." I scratched my head, laughing lightly in response. I tried my best to ignore the effects of the hangover I was experiencing.

Roma sighed heavily, closing her eyes and finishing off the last of her churro. "Stupid Spaniards. The only thing you're ever determined to get nowadays is tequila and women." The words slipped from her mouth effortlessly. The next look on her face told me that she hadn't mean to say those words out loud. I laughed anyway, trying to ease her worries. 

"Is that really what you think, Roma?" I half heartedly smiled. She crossed her arms and rolled her eyes, her face still the bright shade of red it was before.

"It's not like it matters. Let's go into town today to buy me some clothes that actually fit. Something tells me I'm going to be stuck like this for a while." Roma let out, standing and making her way back to her room. She stopped in the hallway before entering her door. Without turning around, she mumbled "...And thanks for the mediocre churros," before vanishing into the room.