Eres Nueva

An unfamiliar scream rang through the house and woke me up from my seemingly endless slumber. I furrowed my eyebrows and slowly opened my eyes, noticing the hall lit up with the newly rising sun rays glittering the floor. I blinked a couple of times before realizing I had fallen asleep on the floor, next to Romano's door. The night seemed like a giant blur and I couldn't even recall why I had decided to sleep in the hall to begin with. I yawned as I stretched out my arms as far as I could, feeling my spine pop as I did.

Another scream echoed from behind the door to Romano's room. My eyes widened and I stood as quickly as possible, finally registering that the scream didn't belong to my little tomato. My head ached from the sudden movement and massive amounts of tequila I had consumed the night before. The house seemed to spin and I stumbled, losing my balance and using the wall for support. Luckily, I hadn't been too far off from Romano's room and easily reached over to bang on the wooden door.

"Romano?! Are you in there?! Estás bien?!" I questioned, my ears ringing and my voice hoarse. I struggled to reach over and attempt to twist the door knob, but quickly found it to be locked. 

"NO! T-This can't be..." An unfamiliar high pitched voice shouted from beyond the wall. My heart raced quickly at the sudden realization of this stranger breaking and entering my house.

"Who are you?! Intruso! What have you done to Romano?! Show yourself!" I demanded, slamming my fists on the door. My head was pounding terribly.

"S-Stay away! P-Please!" The voice cried out, pleading and shaking.

"I demand that you show yourself or I will break down this door! I used to be a matador and a pirate! I can easily rid you from my house!" Declaring proudly, I decided it was best not to mention the fact that my head was in too much pain to actually do any damage to the intruder. I pushed myself off the door and ran into it with my shoulder, the door not giving way to the lock.

"P-Please! D-Don't... I'll open the door." The voice gave in and the sound of footsteps inched their way closer and closer towards the door. I took a couple steps back from the door, tightening my fists and readying myself in case this stranger tried any funny business. The person unlocked the door, slowly turning the doorknob and opening the door at a painfully slow pace.

My eyes traced up the pants which looked like they belonged to Romano, but seemed like they wore looser on this person. Continuing to look up the stranger, they wore Romano's button up, filling it much tighter in the chest area. Long, brown, curly hair was strewn over the small shoulders of the person. Their head was facing the ground, red and unwilling to look me in the eye. This person was beautiful. Muy hermosa. But why was she in my house? How did she get into my house to begin with?

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice filled with curiosity and wonder. 

My question only seemed to piss her off. "Can you really not tell?! Stupid tomato bastardo!" The woman looked up at me, her hazel eyes looking me straight in the face. Her soft looking skin was a cute shade of red. She remarked a strikingly similar appearance to Romano. My confusion and bewilderment must have been quite apparent since the woman sighed at me and shook her head. Her temper looked like it was getting worse as she took in a huge breath. "Listen, idiot. Who else could possibly be in your house? Wearing these clothes? Sleeping in this room? Actually putting up with someone as dense as you?" 

I took a step back, losing my balance and falling against the wall. I stared at the woman in amazement, unsure of how to understand what she was saying. I studied her up and down, trying to piece together what was going on. It only made the pain in my head worse and I grit my teeth to take my mind off the pain.

"Romano...?" I whispered, rubbing my eyes and hoping that whatever was going on was just in my drunken head. The woman closed her eyes and nodded at me, still looking discontent. After I had blinked numerous times, I found to my amazement that the woman was still there. "That's impossible." I stated, in disbelief of what was taking place. "I must still be dreaming. This kind of stuff only happens in sueños." The woman crossed her arms and wore a pissed look across her face.