Prologue

8 years Ago

"Oh come on Chloe, you know you don't have anything better to do anyways"

"Yes I do actually"

Chloe laughed as her best friend followed her down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Oh please, Asides Mr Acreman's Biology assignment"

"Laura quit bugging me"

"You have to go! It would be so amazing"

"Laura listen to me for once in your life, this isn't any mere high school party"

"Exactly why we have to go! Come on Clo, How many chances are we going to get to attend an actual college party?"

"There will be plenty of time for that when we get into college" she replied with an eye roll.

Chloe couldn't believe they were still talking about it, she wasn't going to go and that was her stand. She hardly attended high school parties so there was nothing on earth that would take her to a college party. Her father would never even allow it.

"It wouldn't be as cool then as it is now" Laura went on.

"Lee, I am not stopping you from going okay? But I will have no part of it"

"But I can't go without you" She whined.

"You've gone for plenty without me Laura, what's so new about this?"

She could easily recall the multiple times that Laura had pulled up in her driveway, swaying uncontrollably and laughing without a care in the world.

"Let's face it Clo..." Laura started as she placed her hand on her friend's shoulder dramatically
"...you're a bit socially awkward"

Chloe groaned and pushed off Laura's hand as she left the kitchen.

"Hear me out, would you?" Laura followed suite.

"I've been "hearing you out", for the past 30 minutes Laura, I am not going and that's final"

Laura stopped in her tracks, trying to think fast, what would make Chloe get out of her shell for just one night.
Then it hit her.

"Ian will be there" Laura chimed.

A smirk formed on her face as Chloe paused and turned to face her.

"Ian?"

Ian Miller, Chloe's first ever crush, Chloe's only ever crush to be honest. She had met him at a coffee shop on her way home from school one day. He was of course her senior back then, it had been about 2 years since she heard anything about him.

As the little girl She was, she thought they had hit it off but apparently she was wrong seeing as he had left for college without a word to her except without letting her know how much of a "prude" she really was.

"How do you know this?"

"Does it matter?"