Saving Lena Alice

•••Spencer•••

"Dammit, Garcia, you gotta find her!" I grind my teeth, anxious. "Grant."

Garcia shakes her head impatiently. "I need a real name, Reid, come on, this is a big deal!"

After explaining every bit of everything to Garcia, she's terribly nervous about finding her. "Grant..." come on, Spencer. Think! "Bradshaw."

She types in the letters hurriedly. "There are twenty seven 'Grant Bradshaw's with with criminal records!" She speaks in a jumbled way, a nervous way. My hands shake as I wipe them on my pants.

"Domestic violence! Search for it!"

She does so. One man shows up. I recognize him immediately. No, I have never seen him before, but he seems to radiate 'abusive boyfriend'. The smug grin tugging at the corners of his mouth, the harsh eyes, the hair. Everything.

•••Lena•••

"Just stop it, please!" I scream as my legs give out from under me, forcing me into the begging position he was looking for.

He doesn't move the baseball bat from my shoulders, though. "Stop your goddam whining! You know why I'm doing this!" He yells back at me.

I sob violently. My head droops from malnutrition. I don't even have enough strength to move my hands to my stomach. My baby is probably dead. The thought sends me screaming again, and as the bat cracks on my sensitive shoulder-upper back area, I curl into fetal position. He beats me harder.

"I didn't tell you to do that, bitch!" He screams at me, and the bat smacks me in the back of my head. My ears ring.

My throat is raw, my foot is swelling to the size of a football, I think he cracked my collar bone, and my eyes sting every single time I blink. That, and I can hardly breathe. I can't even get back onto my knees, though, which I know would at least lessen the severity of the blows. I slip into unconsciousness readily. The comfort is so tempting to stay in... forever.

I need to fight for Spencer. I need to fight for whatever Jessica said... my right to party. I need to fight in memory of Charlotte, at least. I need to fight for my child. "No!" I speak to myself alone, and force my eyes open.

He crouches down beside me. I can feel his hands smoothing my hair out. I want to smack them away, to grab the baseball bat and hit him upside the head. But I'm so weak, and there's no winning against Grant. I know that now.

Spencer, please come find me. He lifts me off the ground and into the foldable chair. I wonder if it's the same one he beat me with so long ago. "I'm going to ask you again, slut. Who the hell does this son of a bitch belong to?" He yells, his face so close to mine I can smell his spearmint gum.

Derek, I'm sorry. Just save me, Derek, please... "Bitch! Answer me or I'm going to have to punish you!" My head lolls back as he half-heartedly slaps me in the face, and the act sparks a fire in my collarbone. I know he's determined to find this out if he's not knocking me out yet. Grant is scary when he's determined.

"You..." I attempt, trying to keep my head straight for effect. It's amazing how much appearance still matters to me after two and a half years away from Grant. "You've been punishing me," I manage after long seconds of sputtering blood from a split gum. "This whole time." The sentence leaves me out of breath, all of my energy used up for the day. How many more days like this, in this unforgiving basement of Katrina Louis, who was unfortunate enough to find Grant and attempt to talk some sense into him?

Grant cannot think of an appropriate response for the horrible thing I have just done. I've back-talked him! How dare I ever do that to such a loving boyfriend? "You... you fucking bitch! How dare you speak to me like that! Do you know how nice I'm being right now? That's because I love you, Lena. We're never going to have to leave each other, now, you see, we'll always have each other!" I expect him to cackle maniacally and throw the eye of a rat into a boiling pot of green liquid, to be honest. He's worse.. that much is obvious.

I try the compassionate approach, something I'd have never though of without Derek. I just hope he can find me... Spencer wouldn't stand a chance. "B-baby, I'm sorry, I don't know what has gotten into me, I-"

He shrieks with some unknown emotion and backs away from me. It makes me wish I actually did have a degree in 'Fine Arts' and 'Psychology', and that I went to Harvard, and that I hadn't just gone to a community college with Grant, taking anything that I saw fit. Who the hell needs a Home Ec. major except for a hotel manager or a house hostess? Someone whose decorating decided whether or not she would get beaten when her boyfriend came home... I remind myself. Because, "what makes an ugly bitch more hideous than a disgusting home?" It seems quite redundant, when repeated throughout the day using "car" or as little as "handwriting" in place of "home".

"You're lying!" He screams. I cringe as he approaches me, awaiting the inevitable beating. "You bitch! You're lying!" More tears stream down my face.

I'm absolutely certain I am going to die here, no matter how hard I fight. I won't escape Grant again. Not without Charlotte.

•••Jessica•••

"What the fuck do you mean, taken?" I yell into my cellphone at a hysterical Spencer. Not Lena. She's been through too much.

"Sh-she went to the graveyard... A-and I got a voicemail on the house phone from Grant, and-"

"What the hell, Spencer? You were supposed to protect her! You told me you would never-" Spencer interrupts me with an uncharacteristic aggravated groan.

"I'm trying, Jessica! Don't you think I'd remember that?" He snaps, and I almost visibly wince. If he were in front of me I would have both of my middle fingers erect right now. What the fuck is wrong with him?

"You do understand that she is pregnant, with your baby or not, it's still hers, and you basically sentenced it to die." I retort, and I hear the smashing of an object in the background.

"Jessica, shut up! We're trying everything!" his voice comes out in a high-pitched squeal, which I recognize as his angry squeal.

I grit my teeth, my angry habit. "I bet you haven't told Derek! Don't you think he'd want to know that his reason for living is probably being beaten to death?" I scream back at him. I've probably permanently damaged my phone's receiver now.

"He knows! He knows everything! Won't you just shut up about it?" He counters. It takes me by surprise. Only once before had Spencer ever gotten angry, and that was when he couldn't find his satchel. This is a new level of pissed off that I haven't even mastered yet.

"Fine." I hang up without the traditional goodbyes and grab my keys off the kitchen counter. I'm going to him.

I click open my garage door, hop into my blue sedan, and drive off down to the BAU.

He needs to calm the fuck down if we're going to find Lena. "Fucking move, asshole!" I honk my horn at the slow driver in front of me. "I have places to go!"

The short drive ends in me parking in a handicapped space, but, after reasoning the likelihood of a handicapped person coming here, I don't think anybody who can't kick some ass is going to come down here. I lock my car and stomp inside, greatly enjoying the sound of my combat boots on the tile floor.

I burst through the door and march straight up to Spencer's desk, but don't find him there, which is odd. I scan the room until I find who I'm looking for: a lanky, awkward guy and.. Derek. It's not like I have anything against him, except he hit Lena, and he was kind of a dick (when I was cussing him out).

"Don't you think I'm trying my best?" Derek argues. "It's my child!" He half-yells. Shit. They're fighting?

"I know that! I hate myself every day because of that. Don't you know? But you have to-" Spencer is cut off by my surprised gasp.

I push him back a little, not exactly sizing him up, but if you wanted to get technical, I was. "The fuck? You broke the promise!" I whisper harshly to him.

He looses all ferocity immediately. "I-I-I meant-"

"You meant what? You know how hard it is to live without a father. You know that! My father left me, you remember that much, right? So you cant say it wasn't bad, shit face! I know it was! But you want to do the same to this innocent child? The hell is wrong with you?" I snap.

"But-"

"I could expect this from anybody else, Spencer Reid. But you? No. You of all people. Do you remember the promise?" I continue.

"I-I swear I will always love m-my family, a-and I will not ever l-leave them," he says softly.

"And do you want Lena to be part of your family?"

"Y-yes." That's when he wraps his arms around me and emits a hiccuping sob.

•••Lena•••

"It's only been you!" I cry as he slaps me in the face for the umpteenth time. "I swear, I've only ever loved you!" he whips out a small switch blade and grabs my left bicep. "No, please, please!" My voice starts shaking and I break down and cry as he pushes me on the ground, facing up. He kneels over me.

"Every time you lie to me, I'm going to write it down, okay?" he whispers softly. I scream bloody murder. Grant slices the word "liar" delicately into my skin. I know it's going to get deeper each time. It's a sadist's game.

"I swear, I swear, I swear, I love you, I only love you, I.. Please no!" I scream as he presses the point of the blade into my skin again. He laughs psychotically.

"Liar, liar!" he says in a light, sing-song voice. "Liar, liar.."

•••Derek•••

My knuckles turn white against the chair that belongs to my desk. "We need to find her.." I mutter to myself. After Reid burst into tears I left him with Jessica to cry about his pitiful life, while I try everything to find Lena.

Find my Friends. Will that work? When was the last time I used it? Has she taken me off the list? It doesn't matter. There's a chance. "Garcia!" I call, not caring to be quiet as I jog into her office.

"What? Hurry, this is super-duper stressful," she says quickly.

"Find my friends," I answer her quickly.

"Nope."

I throw up my hands and let out an exasperated sigh. "Why not?"

"Technical reasons that I don't have the patience to get into," she replies hastily.

"I'm going to."

"Fine."

I roll my eyes again. "What?"

She uses her hands a lot, which reminds me how busy she is. "I just- I'm not doing it on my own time." She says in a rushed way.

"Damn," I mutter and walk away.

•••Lena•••

"Just fucking stop, Grant!" I scream as he writes the ninth 'liar' on my arm, which has begun to get deep enough to bleed profusely.

"Tell me," he yells through a set jaw, "who the hell does this douche bag thing he is to get you pregnant?"

Tears cloud my vision again. The man who saved me after Charlotte died, the one who held me while I sobbed after seeing you in my nightmares, the one who, not so long ago, told me he loved me. "I don't fucking know!"

•••Spencer•••

"I-I'm sorry Jess," I attempt as she places a hand on her hip.

"Sorry won't get Lena back. Go. Do whatever you can with Garcia." She tells me. "Speak of the devil," she mutters under her breath.

I turn around to see Garcia walking quickly towards us. "Reid. You've gotta come see this," she says in a shaky voice. I follow her back to her room.

"What'd you find?" I ask, my hopes rising before I have the chance to stop them.

"Well, I was going through her files, Lena's that is. So you know how she changed her name from Lena Alice to Alice Marie?"

I nod.

"And that's fine. So what. She changed her name. But here's where it gets freaky."

"It already is freaky." I say quietly to nobody in particular.

"It seems like she appeared four years ago. There are documents of her certificate to Harvard, but nothing before that. At all. It's like she was born four years ago," she proclaims.

Is Lena hiding things from me? I thought she trusted me. "And that's it?" I press, hoping for a good ending.

"No. I was looking for pictures of her face, and.." She trails off, pulling up the electronic documents of someone who died four years ago in a car accident. Someone with blond hair and shocking blue eyes. Who otherwise looks just like Lena.

Her name is Lena Christine.

___________

Author's note.

Guys! I have news. This person (her username is @the_crimnati and she has an awesome fanfic) has a second book and its awesome. But I really wanted to tell you about the fact that she's a great writer. I got the line "because you love me" from her, from the last chapter. (I didn't realize it was an original quote at the time) but she has amazing ideas. Her stories actually inspired me to look at my characters from different views. If that doesn't make sense to you, idk man. She writes so descriptively and with different perspectives that I remembered. "Oh yeah, I should probably let you all know what everybody is thinking about all this". That's why this chapter is full of different 'POV's. She gives her characters separate outlooks on things, which inspired me to give Derek's point of view. And Jessica's. Of course, Spencer's and Lena's or Alice's, whatever you call her.