Better

I slice the stubborn pizza over and over. My last pizza before lunch break. Maybe Derek'll stop by for lunch..

No he won't. He'll either be at work or at a bar or at home watching football and shit. So sweet.

I finally hear the cardboard against the pizza cutter. I put the pizza in the box and send it on its way. I then just walk straight out the front swing door after hanging up my apron and just walk straight to the bathroom.

I wash off my greasy hands at the sink at step out of the bathroom. I sink into a chair and just relax.

"A-A-Alice?" A familiar voice stutters.

"Dr. Reid!" I exclaim, jumping out of my seat.

"H-hi," he says nervously. I blush.

"I have my lunch break right now. Wanna come with me to McDonalds?" I offer, secretly hoping he will.

"I-I-I don't eat that stuff," he explains sheepishly. I sigh and roll my eyes.

"I'm not going to make you force down a Big Mac. I just want a wrap," I explain, grabbing him by his sleeve and pulling me towards my car.

"Get in," I tell him. He does.

We sit in the parking lot of McDonalds in silence. I break it. Like always.

Putting down my chicken wrap, I look at him.

"Why do you act so weird around me?" I demand, startling him out of his daydream.

"I-I could ask you the same question!" He counters. I groan. Honesty is the best policy. But I don't want to be honest.

"You start." I reply. He shakes his head. "Fine," I say, my tone wavering slightly.

"Okay." I breathe a nervous sigh and turn to him completely, sitting sideways on the seat. "When I met you, I don't know why, but I knew you were going to cause me some problems. I thought about you a lot. And I realized that Derek doesn't treat me like you would. Probably. And I know that sounds weird. But that's how it is. And when I look at you, there are butterflies in my stomach. But I can't do anything about it. I have a boyfriend. And that why I act weird around you because-" he cuts me off. Very suddenly. One second, I was ranting, and the next, he's kissing me.

And I kiss him back.