[1] dancing embers

Start from the beginning

"And believe me it tastes the same," Jae-Ha responded to my quick adoration of the soup, his bowl already half-eaten and left near the fireplace - and which Zeno peers with his predatory eyes. "Come sit, miss, and enjoy your meal."

"Ah yes, thank you."

"It's a very pretty night tonight, a perfect night to welcome such a lovely maiden like you." He flirts subtly but then he takes an instrument out - an erhu. Before playing it, a single compliment was thrown at me again. "And that hair of yours is simply magnificent."

"Ah really?" Unconsciously, my fingers started to brush over the thick locks. A smile made its way to my face at the compliment. "I haven't had the time to look at myself in the mirror, what color is it?"

Without breaking a stroke of his erhu, Jae-Ha answers, "What color is the moonlight?"

"White? No, silver!" He chuckles at my answer before closing his eyes. I breathe an air of gladness and surprise, my hair is that beautiful color? "Is it silver?"

"Yes, and your eyes compliments them well." He replies, opening one eye and pretend to look at my eyes closer as if he doesn't know yet the color. "Your eyes are lavender, no, more like a really faint blue."

"I sound, inhumane." I sigh, taking a spoonful of my soup before letting it savor my tastebuds, right, they do taste heavenly. "And now you're going to tell me I have pointed ears?"

He chuckles in amusement of some sort, the sound of his erhu splitting open the night, beating the beauty of the night itself. I really adore his playing. "No, none of that sort."

"What is my name?" I ask to myself. Hoping for some form of answer, maybe a vision, a memory, or a snippet would be fine. As long as I could identify myself, with this vacant answers, I feel like a lost soul searching for a salvation. "Silly, it's not like somebody would know."

"How would I know?" He chuckles and grins. While swaying his wrist back and forth, still making strong strokes on the erhu. "But, I would call you Rei maybe?"

"Rei?" I ask, tasting the name on my lips, and liking the sound of how it slips through my mouth, "Why Rei?"

"Because, Rei means zero. Just like in what state you're in." He answers. "But I heard that Yona is going to call you Kyouka, which means palace, because you came from the direction of it."

"That's some rather...simplistic reasons." I muse, "both of the names sound really pretty and wonderful, it's rather befitting for someone like me. I found the fact that you choosing name for me is odd and weird."

"What is there to be perplexing about?" Jae-Ha reasoned himself. "And how mean, is it really that displeasing that I gave you such a pretty name?"

"I meant no harm," I say while pouting at his offended answer. "It felt off...like a parent naming a child."

"Now, if you put it that way." He says. "It does felt off."

"Droopy eyes! And you!" Hak calls. "Stop flirting in the corner and help Yoon clean up."

Jae-Ha sighs, "Ah~ Hak just doesn't want me to flirt with a cute girl. As he's no good in love too, especially with Yo---"