Don't threaten me with a new recruit.

|09th of May 2007|  

"This is a terrible idea

"This is a terrible idea." I mutter under my breath, looking around the busy corridors. Clint seemed to ignore me and continued to lead me through the endless maze. The halls were empty of any decoration, simple grey walls, glass windows and steel walls. Professionally dressed people walked along, each one minding their business. The chatter overlapped but somehow it still felt empty.

Clint had taken me to the S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters, the organisation that had taken him in and turned him to a secret agent, or superhero as Clint enjoyed called himself, in the hopes, they could help me. It's been a year since my accident, and every day's a battle; To try and control it, to try and understand it and to try and hide it.

Clint had managed to convince me with the promise of turning me into a superhero myself. He gave me no more details and now I realise that I was an idiot for trusting this idiot.

The deeper we walked to fewer people could be seen in the empty hallways, the voices being replaced by the sound of pencils and keys being pressed.

Clint slowed down, approaching a door that was labelled 'Director' my heart skipped a beat. Meeting the boss was kind of scary, what if he called me a freak? What if I messed up? What if Clint lost his job because of me?

Clint knocked on the door and we waited, nervousness catching up to me. I fiddled with my hands, feeling them getting sweatier and sweatier by the second. Clint grabbed my hands. He didn't look at me, he just grabbed them and waited for a response. A few seconds later, which honestly felt more like an eternity, the little light on the keypad next to the door blinked green and the door clicked open. Clint finally lets go of my hand and pushed it open to reveal a dark skinned, middle aged man with an eye patch. He looked like a very very angry version of the eye patch dude from Harry Potter.

"Director Fury." Clint curtly nodded to him and he made a gesture for us to sit down, not even looking at me and busying himself with the papers in front of him.

His name is Fury... Out of any name in the world they picked Fury? The irony hurts, he's basically the original angry bird.

After a few moments of awkward silence, and Clint grabbing my hand under the table before I started picking the skin around my nails, 'Fury' finally locked up, noticing me.

"Are we bringing in strays into S.H.I.E.L.D now are we Barton?" Fury commented, sighing as he pushed the paperwork aside, his hands on top of the table in a very intimidating and professional manner.

"Sir I believe Dea- I mean Demetria could be a very valuable asset to our team." Clint began, panic rising in his voice.

"And why would that be? She clearly has no training and no abilities." Fury scoffed, a glimmer in his eyes.

"Is that meant to offend me?" I say feeling somewhat attacked by his comment, tilting my head to the side. I feel the plant in the corner of the room irradiated and it takes everything in me to not wrap it around his neck. Clint, however, squeezed my hand tighter and I contain myself.