Suspicion

"Hey guys, before we go back into Hamelin could I talk with swaine?" Aika asked, and Oliver shrugged, and drippy grinned. "Sure, take as long as ya want!"

"Er.... Mmk" aika agreed, dragging swaine so that they were out o earshot before talking.

"Swaine, I want to ask you something. And I want you to be a thousand percent honest with me" she asked seriously, making swaine pause but chuckle. "Sure kid, shoot"

"Are you gascon?"

Swaine's whole body visibly tensed before he let out a shaky laugh. "...was I that obvious?"

Aika smiled. "Well, yeah. I'm surprised the others haven't guessed yet"

"Oh" swaine said awkwardly before frowning. "So uh...... Yeah."

"This has gotten so awkward, I'll just leave the conversation at that" aika took mercy on him "at least you answered my question honestly; thank you"

They went back to the group, and Esther immediately noticed how jumpy swaine was.

"Swaine, are you ok?"

"Er yeah, why, worried?"

"No!" Esther stamped her foot in embarrassment.

"Swaine, stop flirting with people half your age and let's go" aika teased making swaine flush. "I am not flirting with the brat!"

"Brat?! You are far more bratty than me-"

"Look guys, break it up" Mr drippy jumped off of Oliver's shoulder and walked between them. Swaine shot a glare at a smug-looking aika.

"Why would you say I was flirting?" Swaine whined, and aika just stuck her tongue out at him before skipping ahead.

Swaine ran his fingers through his hair muttering obscenities, before following.