Not so awkward (Paul X Reader)

(Haha you're a pilot for the red leader in this)

Stranded. That's what you were. You were nowhere yet somewhere. And, what could make this whole thing worse? Trapped with your co-pilot and the awkward, Paul.

Paul didn't want to come with you, but Patryk, his original pilot, is ill and your own co-pilot broke many bones in their body.

Saying you and Paul 'were weird around each other' is an understatement. You two just couldn't seem to click, maybe it was because Paul constantly stared at you or that you, for unknown reasons even to yourself, always craved his unneeded attention.

It's something not even the greatest minds could find out, you just didn't feel like you wanted a friendship with him yet you needed one.

It was snowing on a dark winter's night when you two crashed, you blamed yourself, Paul blamed himself. Now stuck, cold, hungry and tired, you decided to try and make camp for the night.

The two of you went with a small tent made out of leaves, sticks and other things you could find. You then realised it was too small to fit you both.
"Let's take shifts" he muttered, "I'll go lookout first."

///

It was the fifth night, both of you had found food, the shelter was providing a good homing system and the snow gave you (rather disgusting) water. But, overall you were too cold.

It was Paul's shift, you were numb with cold and too tired to walk towards the den. So, you curled up into a ball on a log you'd found to make like a seat.

Awkwardly, Paul was sitting on that log, but he didn't bother moving you, bother you or even try and talk to you. Despite shivering, you didn't care much for it, you felt a lot safer near Paul.

You sat up, feeling numb still but better. Suddenly, a warm arm wrapped around you, too tired to tense up, you leaned against Paul and waited for sleep to take you away.

///

Aha I liked this one on some level (':
~Mineral