The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Fourteen.

Start from the beginning

My right side of my lips twitched up, "Like Hayden? No effence to your nephew, but he's a real jerk.",

He chuckled, "Yeah, Hayden has always been a pain the butt to take care of. My sister Cassidy always had a hard time taking care of him since he's the little rebel. He reminds me of myself though.",

"You were a annoying jerk in school?", I asked, taking a bit of my burger.

He shrugged, "I was many things. I wasn't really labeled since I was cool with everyone in High School...well, mostly everyone.",

I arched an eyebrow, "What do you mean?",

"Um, your mother friends and Jackson hated me. They hated me for hurting your mother.", he said. "She told everyone I broke up with her. Her excuse was that I only wanted one thing from her and that parentally I got it.", he said, rolling his eyes. "I was mad at her for a long time for telling the school that, but I gave her the pass she wanted.",

My mouth dropped, "My--my mom said that! How different was she back then?", I asked, shocked that I'm learning whole new things about my own mother!

He didn't speak for a moment, but said, "She wasn't that different, but she had a rough edge, an edge only I ever saw. She could be manipulation sometimes, but I still loved her no matter what. She got on my nerves all the time with her begging, but I still loved her.", he said. "She was great, though. People never thought bad of her and she was a nice artist. When we we're together, she told me everything and anything. Told me always how she feels and that I would make any girl happy, but at that time, she didn't know what I was and what she was to me.", he said, looking down at his food with a sad expression.

Ah, Hell.

"I'll come.", I said. He looked up at me confused, "The gathering...you know, I'll come. I think I should get to know my other side.", thought I had this feeling nervous of what they could think of me. I mean, I'm not like them. What if they don't like me?

He smiled, "Great. And don't worry, they'll just love you. They loved you mother, they'll defiantly love you.",

I hope...

~

I was telling Dylan about my days in gymnastics as we walked passed some stores. We we're in a large outlet like complexes. I also was talking about other stuff like school and what I been doing it most of my life. I wanted to badly ask what it was like to be a wolf, but I also think I don't want to know.

I heard some low growling sound from a store. I looked up to see a sigh saying 'Angel's Pet Store". I looked in the window and saw a black and light brown miniature pinscher puppy and a black pug puppy playing around in a cage.

I couldn't help but I run up to the window and gush, "Aww, they're so cute!",

They stopped wrestling around with each other and took notice of me. They starting clawing at the window and whimpering and gave me huge puppy dog eyes.

My heart warmed up, "Aww! I wanna go in!", I said, not really looking at Dylan or waiting for his answer as I ran over to the door and went in. I want over to the cash register, "Hi, I was wondering if I could hold those two puppies?", I asked, pointing a the cage where to the adorable creatures are.

She gave me a confused look, "You mean Embry and Cody?",

I nodded as Dylan came into the store, "Yes, please.",

She shrugged, "Okay, come on.",

We walked over to the cage and she gave me a bottle of hand sanitizer. I squeezed some on my hand as she took them out of the cage. The two dogs wiggled in the lady hand to try to escape and I giggled at they're cuteness.