Chapter 13 -Moving On-

After the dreadful trip to the countryside, we both decided to report this incident to the police, as it was dangerous for us to go back to the camping site to look for them. 

When we first reported that they went missing, the police also stated that they recently had a case where two teenagers were found dead at the same place. Then, they wanted us to identify the bodies of the two teenagers if it was the same people that we know that went missing, so they brought us along to assist them.

To my surprise, it really was them...

"Hana-chan... Taka-kun... , what exactly happened to you guys?" I cried out, 

"It was supposed to be a nice summer trip memory, how did it end like this!?" 

"[y/n]... ,  I know how you feel, and I must say I feel the same. But at least we're alive, I ought to think that their last wish was for us to continue living , hoping that we got out of it alive..." Hikaru comforted me as he gently patted my back, assuring me that he was here with me as well. 

'True, but, all this happening in such a fast pace, I can't catch up so immediately...'

'I mean, I still have so many things to do with the cheerful and bright Hana-chan, so many things to talk about to kind and warm-hearted Taka-kun...'

'But as Hikaru said, I can't keep on mourning their deaths like this, life must go on,  but a life without those two, must be quite lonely I must say'

I looked at Hikaru, who suprisingly looks back at me,

"Don't you dare think that you're all alone now... After all, you still have me." He gave me his best and biggest smile, grabbing my two hands and caressing them both in his own hands, looking me right into my eyes. 

For a second there, my heart skipped a beat.

I chuckled and gave him a sincere smile, "Mm, I still have you." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summer holiday ended quite quickly, and I, still am here living. I sometimes wonder if I'm even worthy still breathing and living well here. What if I was the one who went missing while they survived? They wouldn't have sacrificed themselves if we just canceled the plan to visit the camping site...

Sigh...

"Hana-chan, Taka-kun, are you fine up there?" I gazed upon the sky as I walked to school, without the usual noisy Hana-chan to walk with, I felt lonely, as if my heart was empty.

But well, we all need to move on right? I need to get my head together in order to move forward in life.

Sighing once more, I lowered my head and kept my eyes on the street, only to hear my own footsteps all along the way.

3rd Person View

Finally reaching the school gate, there stands a tall teen leaning against the side of the school gate, having both ears occupied with earphones, his head lowered as he quietly enjoyed his music. 

"Yo, Hikaru."

The male stiffened himself, lifted up his head and looked at the girl, smiling brightly as he takes out his earphones, giving his full attention to the girl in front of him.

"You're here early." The girl says as she smiles back at him genuinely

"Well, I'm waiting for a certain someone." He smirks at me,

"Heh... , I wonder who that is." She said, confusedly gazing up the sky

"Oh you know, the 155 cm girl who's the same class as me, the one who sits beside me, the one who cuddle with me-"