“She is your roommate?” I asked Sel after Darya left. “How old is she?”

“Thirteen and yes she is Darya, my dad’s third-in-commands daughter” Sel said. “Her mom didn’t want her living in hostel and so she lives with me. Don’t mind about her she isn’t much comfortable around… new people” Sel said placing her hands gently on my arms.

I smiled and pulled her closer to me. Tucking a strand of her hair behind her ears I looked at the chocolate brown eyes. Sel pulled away when I lowered my head to kiss her. “I have to go” she said softly.

“Right, Darya” I said nodding in understanding.

“I am sorry. I will call you later” she said and pecked me in the lips. When I looked back into the chocolate brown eyes I knew she didn’t actually want to go.

I needed to be in control, I kept chanting it in my head. I had to be the one careful amongst us or else I will hurt her.

“Okay” I told her trying my best to put a smiling face. “I will see you later” I told her.  She nodded and went to remove the plugs of the music system.

While I was making my way towards my car, I felt like I was being watched. Many students were walking around me and those who belonged to my pack waved at me. But still there was this constant feeling that someone was staring at me. I stopped in my tracks and looked around.

Darya, who was sitting inside a car, immediately diverted her gaze to the other side when her eyes met mine. There was something about her that was confusing me and I couldn’t understand what.

Just then my phone started ringing and it was Vernon calling me. “What?” I asked him.

“Sorry Alpha, I had to call you because your link was blocked” he said guiltily.

“It’s okay. What’s this call about?”

“We got access into the club. The owner charged a fair price and the club will be ours this Saturday.” Vernon said.

“Good. Ask Fox to start doing his work. We have the whole morning tomorrow to arrange for everything. I want to catch those bastards and beat the truth out of them about O” I growled.

“Yes Alpha” Vernon agreed.

“Do it then” I told him and cut the call.

I got inside my car and put on my seat belt. However before starting to drive I couldn’t help but turn to look at Darya who looked lost in some thought. Her brows were furrowed together as if she was deeply worried about something. I wondered whether anyone bullies her in school because the girl wasn’t mixing with anyone around, just sitting inside the car and staring at the school garden. Most girls of her age where either giggling or flirting.

I decided to talk to Sel about her later. Shaking my head I started driving to my apartment.