Winter break

It was winter break at a beautiful ski resort and was also new years eve. In the lounge of the place sat a young blonde girl reading a book and her mother walked in. "Cam it's the last night of vacation enough reading." Her mother took the book out of her hands. "But mom I'm almost done." Her mom stopped her. "The party? I laid out your clothes go change." Cammie frowned. "Can I at least have my book back?" Sandy handed her daughter the book and she took her to the room.

In the gym of the resort was a long haired brunette girl playing basketball with her father. "Keep working left Shannon. The guy guarding you in the championship won't expect it." Shannon was already breathing heavily. "Do I go left?" Jim nodded. "Yea if he looks middle you take it downtown." Shannon then faked to the right then went left and shot straight into the basket. "Hey you two." They turned towards Deb Shannon's mother. "Did we really fly all this way to play more basketball?" They both looked at each other and nodded. "It's the last night if vacation. The party remember?" Jim looked sheepish. "Right the party. New years eve." Deb turned to her daughter. "Shannon they have a kids party in the freestyle club." Shannon rolled her eyes. "Kids party?" Her mom sighed. "Young adults. Now go shower up." Shannon ran closer to her mom. "Come on. Just one more. Last one." Shannon shot a three pointer.

In the club people were up and singing karaoke when Shannon walked in looking around. On the other side Cammie had just walked in. She sat down and continued to read. As the people on stage finished singing the spot lights started to move to find the next two people. One light landed on Shannon and the other on Cammie and Shannon was pushed on stage and Cammie was lead there. "You know someday you guys might thank me for this. Or not." The emcee them handed the mic to Shannon then walked off stage. The music than began.

Shannon:

Living in my own world
Didn't understand
That anything can happen
When you take a chance

Cammie:
I never believed in
What I couldn't see
I never opened my heart
To all the possibilities
Ohh

Both:
I know

Cammie:
That something has changed

Both:
Never felt this way

Cammie:
And right here tonight

Both:
This could be the start of something new.
It feels so right to be here with you ohh.
And now looking in your eyes

Cammie:
I feel in my heart

Shannon:
Feel in my heart

Both:
The start of something new

Shannon:
Oh yea.
Now who'd have ever thought that mmm

Both:
We'd both be here tonight

Cammie:
And the world look so much brighter.
With you by my side

Both:
I know that something has changed.
Never felt this way

Cammie:
I know it for

Both:
Real.
This could be the start of something new
It feels so right to be here with
you ohh
And now looking in your eyes
I feel in my heart.

Cammie:
The start of something new

Shannon:
I never knew that it could happen
Till it happened to me
Oh yeah

Both:
I didn't know it before

Cammie:
But now it's easy too see

Both:
It's the start of something new
It's feel so right to be here with you ohh
And now looking in your eyes

Cammie:
I feel in my heart

Shannon:
Feel in my heart

Cammie:
The start of something new

Shannon:
The start of something new

Both:
The start of something new

They both looked at each other smiling. Shannon stuck out her hand. "Shannon." Cammie shook her hand. "Cammie".

They walked outside. "That was amazing. You a singer right?" Cammie smiled. "Just choir. I tried a solo and nearly fainted." Shannon chuckled. "Why is that?" Cammie turned. "I looked at all the people staring at me and I'm staring at the ceiling. End of solo career." Shannon smiled. "Well with the way you performed tonight thar's hard to believe." Cammie got excited. "Well I've never done something like that. It was so cool." Shannon did as well. "I know." Cammie started to calm down a little. "You sound like you sing a lot too." Shannon did too. "Sure my shower head is very impressed"

Cammie laughed then the countdown began. As everyone hit one the two girls looked at each other then Cammie broke the silence. "I better go find my mom and wish her a happy new year." Shannon nodded. "Yeah me too. I mean not your mom. My mom and dad uhh. I'll call you. I'll call you tomorrow. Here put your number in." Cammie handed Shannon her phone. "You too." Then as they got their phones back Cammie walked away then Shannon spoke. "Just so you know singing with you was the most fun I had on this entire vacation. So where do you live?" She loooked over and saw Cammie was gone then Shannon smiled then looked at her picture and said "Cammie."